Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I submitted a FLR (IR) in April in the UK, payment was taken 4th April.
I received a letter to do biometrics which I did on the 24th April.
The letter I received with biometrics said they would process my application within 8 weeks or notify me if it would take longer and they also gave me a Case ID.
It's Week 10, I've called the help number 0300 123 2241 and they have said my Case ID number doesn't bring up any information and isn't recognised but they can't do anything else.
I've made a complaint on their website but I have no idea what else to do!
I feel like they've lost my passport and all the important documents I sent away but I have no idea who to contact next to find out where everything has gone.
Does anyone have any suggestions of who I can contact or what I can do?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Write to:

UK Visas & Immigration
Initial Consideration Unit - FLR(IR)
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

and give the following details in your letter:
• the applicant’s full name, date of birth and nationality.
• any Recorded or Special Delivery number.
• the date on which the application was posted or made in person.
• the Home Office reference number if you have one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi there,

I submitted a FLR (IR) in April in the UK, payment was taken 4th April.
I received a letter to do biometrics which I did on the 24th April.
The letter I received with biometrics said they would process my application within 8 weeks or notify me if it would take longer and they also gave me a Case ID.
It's Week 10, I've called the help number 0300 123 2241 and they have said my Case ID number doesn't bring up any information and isn't recognised but they can't do anything else.
I've made a complaint on their website but I have no idea what else to do!
I feel like they've lost my passport and all the important documents I sent away but I have no idea who to contact next to find out where everything has gone.
Does anyone have any suggestions of who I can contact or what I can do?
When an application is just sitting there for weeks without an assessment or a decision, it disappears from their system. So the call centre finds no information on it and proceeds to tell applicants their reference number is not recognised, implying their application is lost or wasn't even logged in the first place. Why they don't explain this to people who inquire, I don't know.

But don't worry, I think your application is there, just massively delayed. We submitted the same time and I still haven't heard from them either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.