Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. So I made a grave mistake in my Tier 4 visa application. To the question - "Have you ever been refused a visa?", I ticked "No" when I should have ticked "Yes". I was refused a Residence permit from Denmark in 2015. I had applied to study at a college that wasn't government-approved. That was the only one reason for rejection. My biometrics were done on 7th August.

On Wednesday, I sent an email to UKVI explaining that I made a mistake and that I have no intention of hiding material facts. I told them I am willing to share the refusal letter if they ask for it.

I got a reply from them which is attached below. It seemed like a pretty standard/generic reply. I am concerned now. Can this lead to refusal? Can they still claim deception after I sent this email? Please help out.

Dear X

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry, I can confirm your Visa application is awaiting a decision.

Filling out the visa application correctly is your responsibility.

After biometrics, you won't able to change any information and application will be under processing.

Regards,
Abul
UK Visas and Immigration

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
It's rather unlikely to be refused, but it would have been best if you'd submitted anything with your application as a correction (even a brief letter in with your supporting documents). If they do check up on it, I don't think writing to UKVI after your application has been submitted will absolve you of the mistake. There's nothing at all you can do now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's rather unlikely to be refused, but it would have been best if you'd submitted anything with your application as a correction (even a brief letter in with your supporting documents). If they do check up on it, I don't think writing to UKVI after your application has been submitted will absolve you of the mistake. There's nothing at all you can do now.
But can they claim deception now that I've sent them an email?

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
But can they claim deception now that I've sent them an email?
Who knows?... you are asking a question no-one can answer definitively

·
Registered
44 Posts
It depends on whether the decision-maker thinks that there was an intention to deceive, or whether it was just a "simple mistake". If the passport that you submitted, or copies of previous passports, show the Danish refusal, then the decision-maker will be hard - pushed to show deception as you submitted evidence of the Danish refusal.

How did you answer that question in your original visa application ? If you answered "yes" at that time, then, again, the decision-maker cannot really now argue that there was an intention to deceive in the current application. But, if you also answered "no" in the original visa application, then it could possibly be a problem, as two "simple mistakes" could be more difficult to accept.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Any information provided after your application was submitted will not be taken into account. It is your responsibility to provide correct information within the application itself. What you should have done is checked your application 1. before hitting submit, 2. before attending your biometrics appointment, and 3. before sending in your supporting documents. You had ample time to correct this, your email to UKVI's Q&A service is not going to make any difference.

Again - Refusal is probably unlikely, and you're addressing this way too late anyway. There is nothing you can do now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts