Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi good day to everyone. I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and is so much in trouble. I have completed 1 year in my company,i am married,my husband is as well here in dubai. My problem is that i need to go home to my country before 34 weeks of my pregnancy but until now my company isnt providing my ticket yet and salary is too much delayed and its been 2 months already. I even did not had my pre natal,ran out of daily supplements,wasnt able to pay house rental due to this. I am working in an enterprise company for lubricants and foods. The lubricants department is closed just recently but the foods department is still in operation. I keep on following up this to my company every now and then but they are not giving me any positive actions. What should i do? Due to no more office operation,since april 3rd week i am only staying at home and waiting for my ticket and money.. Any advise pls.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Why do people always wait so long till they file a complaint. Go to the Ministry of Labor today, how about now? You will have your salary by the end of next week.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I also get very frustrated when people don't stand up for their rights. Heck, I even have someone in my family who is going through something similar and won't go to MoL. They are not able to explain to me why.

Anyone have the insight on this topic?

To the OP: I am sure you are already at the MoL so the problem is probably resolved.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I also get very frustrated when people don't stand up for their rights. Heck, I even have someone in my family who is going through something similar and won't go to MoL. They are not able to explain to me why.

Anyone have the insight on this topic?

To the OP: I am sure you are already at the MoL so the problem is probably resolved.
They are afraid that the Company would retaliate by firing them and they need this job too much. A lot of expatriates, especially the ones from Asia, have many family members who are dependent on their income. So they'd rather wait and hope that the employer would pay as opposed to getting on his "bad books" and losing their job permanently.

Finding another job can be extremely difficult and they probably cannot afford to go without earning in that period.

Yes, in the long run its much better for everyone if they just complain to MoL. But this is the thought process.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So there will be no issues if i went directly to mol?what would be the possible response i can get?

·
Registered
37 Posts
The issue is you haven't been given your ticket and your salary for months - GO or CALL MOL and file a complaint. They will help you and tell you what to do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe next week me and my husband will be going there already id still nothing happens from waiting this long.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have always been waiting for them because they keep on saying they will arrange but i think "some" money only which means there us a chance i cannot receive full.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Good grief - they have lied to you for months and you still believe their lies ?

MoL will get you every Dirham you are owed and our tickets.

Please stop thinking up excuses and GO TO THE MOL

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Even if the chairman company is in jail?i can still be able to get it all?
It's about accountability. Your employer has a legal responsibility to honor their commitment to you. Go to the MoL. Seek their advice. They will do the right thing by you. You need to think about your unborn child and take whatever steps you need to, to protect it. Please come back and let us know how you get on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts