Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I am sitting here trying to type this, I've got 15 kilos of cats on my legs (three cats), they are happily asleep and I don't think they have any intentions to get up. I need to start cooking dinner soon... any tips?

They have 3 floors of house with lots of comfy places to sleep, but they are always on top of me and most of the time they look so cute, I don't want to disturb them!

Lol!

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
While I am sitting here trying to type this, I've got 15 kilos of cats on my legs (three cats), they are happily asleep and I don't think they have any intentions to get up. I need to start cooking dinner soon... any tips?

They have 3 floors of house with lots of comfy places to sleep, but they are always on top of me and most of the time they look so cute, I don't want to disturb them!

Lol!
My, its such a hard life lol!!!!!

Jo xxxx

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
You've got it real easy. We have 10 cats all of whom sleep on our bed at night. The latest recruit, a ginger cat imaginatively called Ginger, likes nothing more than to lick (once) then bite our noses at around 5 am. The Ragdoll seems to think that 5.30 am is the best time to jump on our faces. Ginger and Igor (a kitten with a very stumpy tail that resembles a pompom when it puffs up) think that fighting non-stop from 6.00 am is the best thing to do. Stumpy (another with a very short tail) believes a pair of feet the best place to curl up on all night. Lucky thinks that scratching you face and arms is perfectly normal at 3.00 am. All of this, of course, assumes the boy sleeps through the night which he usually doesn't. Anyone want to swap????

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EEeekkkk!! it looks like the script of a horror movie....

I think 15 kilos of cats on me is not really a problem after all...

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
You've got it real easy. We have 10 cats all of whom sleep on our bed at night. The latest recruit, a ginger cat imaginatively called Ginger, likes nothing more than to lick (once) then bite our noses at around 5 am. The Ragdoll seems to think that 5.30 am is the best time to jump on our faces. Ginger and Igor (a kitten with a very stumpy tail that resembles a pompom when it puffs up) think that fighting non-stop from 6.00 am is the best thing to do. Stumpy (another with a very short tail) believes a pair of feet the best place to curl up on all night. Lucky thinks that scratching you face and arms is perfectly normal at 3.00 am. All of this, of course, assumes the boy sleeps through the night which he usually doesn't. Anyone want to swap????
Azor, who is 54 kilos of Ridgeback muscle, has a night-time routine. He starts by stretching out on Sandra's side of the bed then gets off when she gets in. He then climbs on to the middle for about ten minutes. Then he gets in the bed, under the duvet. . He stays there until we finish reading or watching tv. Then he gets out, often taking the duvet with him. I am blamed for having started and encouraged these practices, which do make for very frequent washing of our sheets, all of which are white...or were...
Once the light is out, he climbs up on my side and snuggles up until morning.

I think Sandra would swap but your wife might object...

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No way I would allow animals in my bed! No matter how much I love them! My three cats know they are not allowed in the room, so when we go to bed, sometimes they follow us and get inside, they know they shouldn't but they still do it and they love it there, but a couple of minutes later I get them out, I don't want my pillows full of cat hairs! lol!

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
No way I would allow animals in my bed! No matter how much I love them! My three cats know they are not allowed in the room, so when we go to bed, sometimes they follow us and get inside, they know they shouldn't but they still do it and they love it there, but a couple of minutes later I get them out, I don't want my pillows full of cat hairs! lol!
As I said, I am blamed for this..but Azor is short-haired and doesn't shed his lovely red coat.
In the winter his warm body is like a huge furry hot water bottle.

There was a survey I read about in the UK press which claimed that over 40% of women said they loved their pets more than their husbands or boyfriends.
The survey didn't include gay couples..

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
As I said, I am blamed for this..but Azor is short-haired and doesn't shed his lovely red coat.
In the winter his warm body is like a huge furry hot water bottle.

There was a survey I read about in the UK press which claimed that over 40% of women said they loved their pets more than their husbands or boyfriends.
The survey didn't include gay couples..

My two doggies sleep on our bed - in fact I miss them if they go and sleep on one of the kids beds, or underneath (as they sometimes do). We have a "throw" on the bed especially for them

Jo xxx

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
My two doggies sleep on our bed - in fact I miss them if they go and sleep on one of the kids beds, or underneath (as they sometimes do). We have a "throw" on the bed especially for them

Jo xxx
Azor has his own cover but he doesn/t keep to it.
Xena tried once to get on the bed but Azor gave a horrible growl and she never tried again.
Shame in one way as it is highly likely that until she came to us she was emotionally as well as physically neglected. She soaks up cuddles.

Now for believers in Fate: we were never planning on having another dog. Azor was the centre of our universe as far as canines were concerned. Then Xena turned up at the perrera, shaking and wide-eyed with terror, skinny, filthy and our Administrator said ...'That's just the dog you need as a companion for Azor'. Why she said that I don't know, she'd never said it about the hundreds of other much more appealing dogs dumped on us.
Sandra and I had a two-minute conflab and said 'Yes' so we took her home.
Now....before Xena there were mornings and evenings when Sandra got up or got ready to take Azor out and I snuggled down under the duvet or stayed with my book.
But now I have to get up and take Xena out walking as Sandra can't manage one huge and one large dog herself.
And...I had just been diagnosed with my heart thingy and told to exercise and lose weight. Now I walk at least two hours a day...and I've lost seven kilos since April.
So...I'm lighter and hopefully fitter and Xena has been rescued from a bad place and is our loving and much-loved companion along with Our Little Azor.
So...why were we at the kennels on that day when that particular dog was brought in....

Pure coincidence, I guess...

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am a light sleeper, so anything would wake me up and if I don't have a nice sleep, then I will be grumpy all day! So cats are not allowed in my room... !

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I have five cats and this afternoon turned an ancient suitcase (no wheels - it was that old!) into a comfortable, stuffing-filled bed for several, to park near the gas heater. Maybe it'll save on leg ache, as they insist on piling on as I sit on the sofa with my feet up! They are such a part of my life that they provided the name of the shop I have on Etsy, one way I try and make a bean in these tough times.

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
Is good luck the halfway point between fate and coincidence?

Lucky for you, lucky for Xena. :D

Is she named after the Warrior Princess?
Yes. I wanted to change her name to Elsie as her features resembled those of my late Great-aunt Elsie but we decided she had too many changes in her life so she stayed as Xena.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts