Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i am a chef working here in dubai. me and my co-worker set a legal complain in the ministry of labour to my employer for the reason that he didn't give us a day-off in one week and did not pay us for over time pay, and we are oblige to work 13 hrs a day and 7 days a week. plus, he did not let us sign in any paper or contract or offer letter for the job. plus he let us work to the task the is out from our job description and with out any health card and labour card.

now, i am staying in my friends place and never go to the job again. the thing is he sent me a msg. which is contains this msg. "EJ, dont make me make deisions that i dont want to take." which is like a threat.

I would like to ask if it is possible for me to find another job here in dubai and if i am going to have a ban from this country after our settlement at the labour ministry. and what exactly i have to do if all **** happens??

thank you!!

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Jobs In Dubai

hello, i am a chef working here in dubai. me and my co-worker set a legal complain in the ministry of labour to my employer for the reason that he didn't give us a day-off in one week and did not pay us for over time pay, and we are oblige to work 13 hrs a day and 7 days a week. plus, he did not let us sign in any paper or contract or offer letter for the job. plus he let us work to the task the is out from our job description and with out any health card and labour card.

now, i am staying in my friends place and never go to the job again. the thing is he sent me a msg. which is contains this msg. "EJ, dont make me make deisions that i dont want to take." which is like a threat.

I would like to ask if it is possible for me to find another job here in dubai and if i am going to have a ban from this country after our settlement at the labour ministry. and what exactly i have to do if all **** happens??

thank you!!
Hi EJ and welcome to Expat Forum,

Unfortunately this site is used mostly by foreigners moving TO the Philippines so I don't know how much information you will get here.

For starters I would suggest you contact the Philippine Dept of Foreign Affairs if they have an office there. Also contact or visit the labor department of Dubai and find out what your options are. It might be helpful to visit in person at the Philippine embassy there for advise too.
Do you have your passport in your possession or does your employer have it? It is important that you have and KEEP your passport with you.

Wishing you the very best of luck.

Gene
Site Moderator...

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
IF you dont have a visa :) he cant report you as absconded, so no ban. The problem is though, you are WAY over your visa allowed period most likely.

This doesnt sound good. Trip to your embassy sounds like. Hopefully they can get you out without YOU being sent to jail for staying in the country illegally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.