Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Forum members

I have to travel to UK for a couple of weeks on work purposes and i am trying to figure out if my wife can come along, on a tourist visa maybe?

My company will apply for my work permit therefore my travel can be easily sorted, however they will not be sponsoring my wife due to my short visit.

Therefore if theres anyone who can help me please on how to go about this, i would really appreciate.

Just a bit of background my wife is a housemaker and takes care of our 18 month old daughter who btw will also need a visa. Unfortunately she doesnt have a fat bank account or have any property in her name, therefore big issue to prove if she will come back?

Please help, travelling end of August

Thanks

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Presuming you have Indian passports, your wife and daughter will need visitor visas to visit the UK. You can apply for these.

If you are going for just two weeks there is no work permit available for such a short time, so not sure what you mean by your company will apply for the work permit.

If you are going on business ie.visiting the UK office, having meetings, a conference, maybe even training, a work permit is not necessary.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks crawford for your prompt response. yes you are right about the indian passports. i did guess it that tourist visa will be needed. However not sure what's the process like, what documents needed and how much is required in bank account. sincr my wife is a house maker i will need to furnish all my bank and employment details. so was hoping if anyone had already gone through the process.

going on WP, it is a sort of requirement from the organisation that we travel on work permits. any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
thanks crawford for your prompt response. yes you are right about the indian passports. i did guess it that tourist visa will be needed. However not sure what's the process like, what documents needed and how much is required in bank account. sincr my wife is a house maker i will need to furnish all my bank and employment details. so was hoping if anyone had already gone through the process.

going on WP, it is a sort of requirement from the organisation that we travel on work permits. any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Can't help with work permit for two week business trip - never heard of one. If your company thinks you need one they should be applying for you.

With regards the visitor visa, start here:

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa

All the details as to what documents you need are given.

What passport do YOU carry?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers crawford. actually my wp would be done by thr company itself so not too worried there.

it is the tourist visa thats giving me sleepless nights. i really want to take family with me and post 2 weeks of work, i am planning to stay back for a week and do a euro tour. my biggest problem is proof of funds.

like most of the professionals i dont keep any money in the bank account. pay most of it for mortgage and car installment and save some in the mutual funds..however i can arrange funds about 1500 pounds over a weeks time as i am expecting some money back from my friend who i had loaned some money.

However i have been reading the requirement of 90 days proof of funds...is that so? in that case can i show monies invested in shares?

sorry for so many questions but i really appreciate your help.

thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
forgot to mention we carry indian passports..though i also have a permanent residence of australia..not sure if that helps.

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
Your employer is probably arranging your business visit visa. Your wife and daughter can apply for their own general visit visa, though it will be easier if they can apply at the same time as you. Requirements are: enough funds (or sponsorship from someone in UK), strong ties in India, rough itinerary. There is no set amount laid down, as it varies depending on type of visit, staying in 5-star hotels, B&B or free with relatives, whether visiting expensive places like London etc. I'd say that your wife and daughter will need something like £100 a day if they are paying for accommodation, food etc, less if they are staying somewhere free (letter of invitation, host's bank statements required). You also need to state who pays for their flights and other transport costs (such as trains in UK). As for strong ties in India, the fact you are based in India should help, so enclose evidence of your job and your expected return-to-work date confirmed by your employer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the information joppa.. really appreciate your help.

so i m staying at one of my colleagues house in leeds therefore a simple letter stating this from him would suffice or would also need his bank statement etc. ?

also if i can keep about 1000 pounds in my account for a few days before i apply for visa, would that be strong enough proof for my ability to fund this trip . as mentioned earlier my office will take care of all the expenses for me so its really jus wife n daughter. not sure how to go about takin care of this requirement.

thanka again for all your help

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
Probably just a letter, if your colleague is only offering accommodation. You should include your bank statement up to 6 months, as you'll be funding their trip. With free accommodation, something like £50 a day should suffice, so £1,000 will be enough for 20 days, plus air fare etc.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats great help. thank you so much.

i was really worried about the bank statement issue since i read somewher you will need to show 1500 upwards for atleast 90 days. and i usually invest all my money so don't keep nothing in the bank account.

really appreciate your help.

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
That's for those applying for dependant visa for PBS migrant (on work visa). Home Office will need to be satisfied that the money is yours and you are free to spend. Hence the need to have up to 6 month-worth of statement and showing the origin of the funds (record of transfer from savings etc).

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for very helpful info. now this will create massive issues for me. i usually do not keep any money in my bank account and though my salary slips will prove i make good money but my bank statement does not have a fat balance. about a year ago i had loaned 5k to my younger bro and he is returning 1k in my bank account tom. do you think i can show this money to prove my financial ability.i m hoping to apply for visa this month end therefore balance in my accnt for a month would suffice?

also does money invested in stock market help?

really appreciate all your help with this.

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
Only ready cash account counts.
You can try explaining with payslips etc, and it's up to UKVI whether to accept your interpretation or not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.