Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all :ear:
Just wanted to get some advice if someone knows, partner came to the U.K back in July 2012, got the visa for a P.C.P under the old rules, had the P.C.P in August 2012, applied for the two years and three months which was also allowed, I am disabled myself and got the visa even with my disability money, my partner gets around £160 ever month from his parents via money gram all receipts kept have 15 months of them so far, he is not working as he is helping me at home each day, I have made such that NO extra benefits have been paid to me by any benefits and have letters from the D.W.P and council in writing say that no extra benefit is being paid to me, I get a single persons rate on everything, I have around £250.00 a week in benefits and wonder when the time comes next year for I.L.R do you have to be working to get the I.L.R? we were advised by a lawyer that as long as partner gets some money from back home for the full time he is here and that I don't claim any extra benefits and he of course does not claim anything there should not be a problem we will have around £5000 in savings the time the I.L.R comes around and just wonder if you think we will have any problems when the time comes? :confused:
thanks all

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Being under the old rules, you only need to meet the maintenance requirement - of having £112.55 per week left after housing cost and council tax. You can add up his income and your benefits.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Being under the old rules, you only need to meet the maintenance requirement - of having £112.55 per week left after housing cost and council tax. You can add up his income and your benefits.
Hi Joppa
Thanks for the fast reply, I am past that each week and partner gets a little each month, the only problem I was worried about was it says on the site you should not have taken any public funds(which he wont have I have will have not taken any extra for him being here) BUT it goes on to say that you also have to show you wont take any pubic funds in the future? based on this anyone in full time work could also have the same problems as no-one knows what would happen in the future.
were just a bit worried they will say well if this is then granted your I.L.R how do we know you wont claim any public funds after its granted?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Don't worry about it. Once you get ILR, you can access public funds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.