Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I'm badly in need of some direction and was fortunate to stumble upon this great forum.

My Son has the opportunity to join a top Spanish football club, he wants to give it a go and I am right behind him. The problem is that I only found out this morning and I realize that I know so little about the process of relocating to Spain.

I am married with other children and my Wife and they will remain in the UK with a view to coming over now and again and me and my son will visit in the hols. I know this may seem extreme but we are all wanting to give this a go as it is simply a chance in a lifetime. I would expect to stay there for 2 years before returning home alone and leaving him under the guise of the club

I am self employed in the UK but I cant transfer this to Spain. I am just however undertaking an Open Uni Degree and so may be classed as a mature student (I'm 38 years old). What I'm saying is that I may not work whilst in Spain, we would live from amy wife and joint account, so effectively being supported from The UK. Do any of you know how this sits legally?

There are a thousand and one questions I have but naturally this is one of the most important. Any relevant advice relating to my situation would be tremendously appreciated. Unfortunately I don't have long to make all the arrangements.

Many Thanks

·
Administrator
36,716 Posts
Hello Guys,

I'm badly in need of some direction and was fortunate to stumble upon this great forum.

My Son has the opportunity to join a top Spanish football club, he wants to give it a go and I am right behind him. The problem is that I only found out this morning and I realize that I know so little about the process of relocating to Spain.

I am married with other children and my Wife and they will remain in the UK with a view to coming over now and again and me and my son will visit in the hols. I know this may seem extreme but we are all wanting to give this a go as it is simply a chance in a lifetime. I would expect to stay there for 2 years before returning home alone and leaving him under the guise of the club

I am self employed in the UK but I cant transfer this to Spain. I am just however undertaking an Open Uni Degree and so may be classed as a mature student (I'm 38 years old). What I'm saying is that I may not work whilst in Spain, we would live from amy wife and joint account, so effectively being supported from The UK. Do any of you know how this sits legally?

There are a thousand and one questions I have but naturally this is one of the most important. Any relevant advice relating to my situation would be tremendously appreciated. Unfortunately I don't have long to make all the arrangements.

Many Thanks
:welcome:

wow - that's an opportunity for sure :)

if you've been reading the various threads about moving to Spain you'll know that you have to prove income & healthcare provision in order to register as resident

when you go to register it doesn't matter where the money is coming from, as long as you can show that there is sufficient in a Spanish bank, or that regular payments are being made into the account

you would have to have an account here in Spain

if your wife will be supporting you, you need to check out the tax situation - Spain might decide that it has a tax call on her income since she's supporting you, although since she'll be supporting MORE of the family in the UK, the tax office here would have a hard time proving it

·
Banned
1,832 Posts
Hello Guys,

Many Thanks
Well I guess that the club will sort any issues that your son may have/need & as his agent (?) you as well. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts