Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for the photos - it took me a woment to figure out that there were five photos covering the above side of your sink.
The "cup" won't help blocking smells or flies - the problem is further down ...
Are you sure that you can't access the "below" side?
Ahhh yes I thought it was too simple for that to be the issue. I will have to figure out I guess-may have to dismantle some sliding cabinetry/drawers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't live in Paris. I live in St.Denis. We live in a large building. Our fees also include filtered drinkable water from the kitchen tap-but I believe potable water should be....colorless.

Additionally-The water is spurting out. It does not seem to have an odor.

Plumbing issues?!
Hello, I would not drink this water. I would contact your water provider to let them know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I don't live in Paris. I live in St.Denis. We live in a large building. Our fees also include filtered drinkable water from the kitchen tap-but I believe potable water should be....colorless.

Additionally-The water is spurting out. It does not seem to have an odor.

Plumbing issues?!
OK! Our building guardian said they were turning the water off/on to check something. That explains the discolored water. Thanks everyone for explanation of the U-bend and the flies/smell dilemma. I will certainly try to get under there if I still have issues. So far, a few days in, I haven't had a horrible issue with smell. Still a few flies but not as much...So it seems that cup water-holding thing is working??

In any case, we have been drinking bottled water. Maybe we will invest in a sink filter (and a shower filter?) in the long run.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts