Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help much appreciated.

1. Best area to live with a AED 150K budget
2. Buy or Rent for first year?
3. ONE Good estate agent?
4. Do we need home insurance?
5. A good school that is realistic to get into?
6. A good company where we can source a Nanny?
7. A good media recruitment consultant for my wife?
8. Best bank with links to UK?
9. Car Leasing company?

So many questions, I am so sorry guys but we are so confused.

Many thanks
Rashid

:plane:

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
1 - Near where your kids goes to school and within the maximum distance you're willing to commute.

2 - Rent

3 - Dunno, Jimbo?

4 - Probably not the highest priority on your list

5 - Budget?

6 - No idea

7 - Probably non-existant

8 - Llyods, but not many branches around

9 - Diamond Lease are the cheapest of a bad lot at the budget end of the market.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - Near where your kids goes to school and within the maximum distance you're willing to commute.

2 - Rent

3 - Dunno, Jimbo?

4 - Probably not the highest priority on your list

5 - Budget?

6 - No idea

7 - Probably non-existant

8 - Llyods, but not many branches around

9 - Diamond Lease are the cheapest of a bad lot at the budget end of the market.
Budget for the schooo is about AED 40,000. We want to live somewhere near Media City where I will work and have heard good things about Springs. Not sure if that is good or bad.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
You want it all don't you ? :D

1. Best area to live with a AED 150K budget

Depends where you gonna work, what are the things you are seeking in a neighbourhood and how far you wanna commute taking into account your kids' school

2. Buy or Rent for first year?

Rent

3. ONE Good estate agent?

Good luck

4. Do we need home insurance?
If you rent apt nope. If a villa, well I do not know about the crime rates in the UAE

5. A good school that is realistic to get into?

IDK don't have kinds

6. A good company where we can source a Nanny?

Same as 5

7. A good media recruitment consultant for my wife?

I do not think we have such a specialized HR company, but I might be wrong

8. Best bank with links to UK?

HSBC, Lloys, Barclays I guess

9. Car Leasing company?

are you on a budget ? whichever you pick, always take the insurance with them. ALWAYS!!!

So many questions, I am so sorry guys but we are so confused.

Many thanks
Rashid

:plane:[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi

I am in the same process myself, also moving from the UK in the summer. I easily got places for both my children at GEMS Royal Dubai, I contacted Shelley Cain there and she has been great at guiding me through all the processes. I believe that HSBC offer an international account and if you earn over £100,000 you get premier banking for free therefor allowing you to transfer money back to the uk account without charge...but I need to check this one out still! Your budget is around the same as ours. Ideally we would like to live near the school (possibly uptown Mirdiff) but keeping our options open and are going to take a temp apartment first for a couple of months and figure out travel distances, congestion etc as I also like the type of villa in The Villa too. It is very overwhelming and so much to figure out! Best of luck with it all, the more you swat up on Dubai the clearer it all becomes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any help much appreciated.

1. 150K is a large amount - we are renting in 'Old Town' in the downtown area (right near the Burj Kalifa) for 85K
2. Rent
3. Best of luck
4. Most people dont.
8. HSBC
9. Diamond Lease - I have a 4wd with them at the moment, good to deal with. Looking at around 3700 for a Pajero for a month.

Just my 10 cents

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.