Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I want to move to HK (visited recently, really love this city).

I'm 29 years old.
I have solid experience in IT (7 years total).
At least, 3 years of experience in software engineering.

But I do not have a degree (i.e. I abandoned university 10 years ago).

I read an information about eligibility criteria from immd.gov.hk , especially this one:

III. General Employment Policy (GEP)

Eligibility Criteria

21 An application for a visa/ entry permit to take up employment under the GEP may be favourably considered if:

b. the applicant has a good education background, normally a first degree in the relevant field, but in special circumstances, good technical qualifications, proven professional abilities and/or relevant experience and achievements supported by documentary evidence may also be accepted;
If I understand correctly, it's possible theoretically to get work permit without degree.

So my question is:

Is there any chances for me to get work permit without a degree but with my experience in software engineering?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts