Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I submit my online application at august 18, after I submit my application I got state sponsorship from SA at 21 august and I accept it. Now just today I got state sponsorship email from WA. Can I change my state now from SA to WA? I am an electronic engineer. Can anybody please suggest me which state is better for me?

Thanks
Opu

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Opu,

I would suggest to search job websites and see which state has more jobs opportunities for you.

Also think about where you would like to live. Both states are pretty big and the temperatures vary in the different parts of them. For me Perth was too hot but that may not be the case for you.

If you do searches on Perth and Adelaide you'll see what people have already written about those two places.

If you live in Perth you have to fly to any major cities whereas with Adelaide you'll have the option to drive (although it will a long drive).

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I submit my online application at august 18, after I submit my application I got state sponsorship from SA at 21 august and I accept it. Now just today I got state sponsorship email from WA. Can I change my state now from SA to WA? I am an electronic engineer. Can anybody please suggest me which state is better for me?

Thanks
Opu
perth is more considered for gas & minning kinda of jobs....no too sure about SA...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Opu already accept state sponsorship from SA, so how can he cancel it ?

I dont think it is possible as already process start.

As I know SA is more better place for IT and communication engineering. So he should search job at SA is better for him also.

·
Registered
226 Posts
SA has many Electronics and ICT Industries, plus many mining companies and other industries where these industries do requires Electronic techniques. Perth is coming up with ICT industries and electronics techniqiues is still used. I think options should be more in SA.
Check with whether conditions that suits you more.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi,

I would like to ask you on online WA-state -sponsorship application, Is the IELTS Mandatory while applying for WA-state-sponsorship? If we have not appeared yet for IELTS and still want to apply for WA-state- sponsorship, will they accept the application?

I have IELTS card but with 0.5 band less in one module, Still can I send for WA-Sponsorship application and would they accept the application (though I will be appearing again before applying 176 VISA appplication to DIAC)?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts