Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello community,

I have PR already and I want my soul mate to come join me in Oz.

I already know that there is the Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass 300) that I could apply for but my question today is:

1) What if I have my soul mate apply and be granted a Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417) which she is eligible for and then just before the 12 months end I decided to marry her? ie Will I be allowed to marry her on the 417 visa?

2) After we get married on the 417 visa does she qualify for a "Bridging Visa"?

3) This question follows on question 2 >>> Will I then have to put in an application for a Partner Visa (subclass 820 and 801)?

Regards,
Mecheng

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hello community,

I have PR already and I want my soul mate to come join me in Oz.

I already know that there is the Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass 300) that I could apply for but my question today is:

1) What if I have my soul mate apply and be granted a Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417) which she is eligible for and then just before the 12 months end I decided to marry her? ie Will I be allowed to marry her on the 417 visa?
Yes. I don't think there's any VISA that prevents you from marrying someone.

2) After we get married on the 417 visa does she qualify for a "Bridging Visa"?
If you apply for a different VISA while you are in Australia on another VISA, you might qualify for a bridging VISA. Normally, if your VISA has the condition "No further Stay", you cannot apply for another VISA while you are in Australia and thus, you cannot get a bridging VISA.

3) This question follows on question 2 >>> Will I then have to put in an application for a Partner Visa (subclass 820 and 801)?

Regards,
Mecheng

Yes. She need to apply for 820 VISA. When she apply for this VISA her eligibility for a Bridging VISA will be assessed and a bridging VISA may be granted. After two years, if the relationship is still going and genuine she will get 801 (Permanent VISA).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts