Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My current company is not willing to give me the reference letter. I have 3.6 years of experience from my last company. I am looking for software tester (it need atleast 3 years of exp). Can I go ahead with this. I think ACS will cut 2 years from this experience for some criteria... I done my degree in 2002, started working in IT in 2007... Please help me...Can I go ahead?

I can show 3.6 years of exp....(for my occupation, 3 years is minimum)

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi Guys,

My current company is not willing to give me the reference letter. I have 3.6 years of experience from my last company. I am looking for software tester (it need atleast 3 years of exp). Can I go ahead with this. I think ACS will cut 2 years from this experience for some criteria... I done my degree in 2002, started working in IT in 2007... Please help me...Can I go ahead?

I can show 3.6 years of exp....(for my occupation, 3 years is minimum)
hi anish,

if you are unable to get reference letter from your current company, then go for statutory declaration on stamp paper clearly mentioning your current roles and responsibilities and get it signed by your manager or one of your colleagues with their official contact details such as email id, mobile number etc.

This should be fine enough to get positive outcome from ACS.

all the best,
sathiya

Reactions: nevertouchme

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Ok.... what to be written on that ? e-stamping is fine?
First, you need to get the stamp paper from court. While purchasing this stamp paper, you they will note down your details such as your name, address father's name etc. in a register. These credentials will also be written down by them on the stamp papers they give you. This is a declaration given by your manager or friend regarding your roles and responsibilities (job description) along with their professional contact details.

The letter starts like " This is in regards to your name who has been working as xyz position ij our company from dd/mm/yyy till today. i have been closely working with him (in case declarer is your co-worker) or he has been reporting/reported to me during his tenure. I confirm his roles and responsibilities as follows,.

List the responsibilities one by one using bullets.

I recommend him for his future assignments. He has been showing dedication towards his tasks and so .......

please don't hesitate to contact me if you would like to know more about him.

Sincerely,

Manager's name/colleague's name,
designation,
company's name,
address,
email:
mobile:

That's it! Simple.

regards,
sathiya

Reactions: anishkumar03

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Satya,

In the doc, I read that we need one witness for the salutatory declaration. Whom should we can contact, a gazetted officer is fine for that?

Thanks
Anish

·
Registered
177 Posts
First, you need to get the stamp paper from court. While purchasing this stamp paper, you they will note down your details such as your name, address father's name etc. in a register. These credentials will also be written down by them on the stamp papers they give you. This is a declaration given by your manager or friend regarding your roles and responsibilities (job description) along with their professional contact details.

The letter starts like " This is in regards to your name who has been working as xyz position ij our company from dd/mm/yyy till today. i have been closely working with him (in case declarer is your co-worker) or he has been reporting/reported to me during his tenure. I confirm his roles and responsibilities as follows,.

List the responsibilities one by one using bullets.

I recommend him for his future assignments. He has been showing dedication towards his tasks and so .......

please don't hesitate to contact me if you would like to know more about him.

Sincerely,

Manager's name/colleague's name,
designation,
company's name,
address,
email:
mobile:

That's it! Simple.

regards,
sathiya
Also,specify the point that you were full time employee with no of hours to claim full experience.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi Satya,

In the doc, I read that we need one witness for the salutatory declaration. Whom should we can contact, a gazetted officer is fine for that?

Thanks
Anish
hi anish,

in statutory declaration, get the motorization from a lawyer and he will be mentioing his contact details along with his official seal stamped on that document.

Vijay, thanks for adding that point, i didn't know how i missed it out.

regards,
sathiya

·
Registered
75 Posts
hi anish,

in statutory declaration, get the motorization from a lawyer and he will be mentioing his contact details along with his official seal stamped on that document.

Vijay, thanks for adding that point, i didn't know how i missed it out.

regards,
sathiya
Hello Sathiya,

I also have a concern regarding the SD because the format that I normally see has a "Before me" statement. Does this mean my colleague needs to be there when the lawyer notarized it?

Thanks a lot,
Arman

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hello Sathiya,

I also have a concern regarding the SD because the format that I normally see has a "Before me" statement. Does this mean my colleague needs to be there when the lawyer notarized it?

Thanks a lot,
Arman
hi arman,

it actually depends. If your colleague or the lawyer is ready to sing or motorize it without the other's presence, then the problem is resolved. Just speak with the lawyer from whom you want to get motorization, generally, who can call the contact number of your colleague to verify it, if he wishes. But, better to go for a lawyer, you or your friends/relatives have familiarization with. This way tackles your worries easily. i don't think this is big issue.

regards,
sathiya

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi guys,

I have one doubt. Can we calculate the points for our professional experience as they stated in their doc.
Hi anish,

Yes, you can calculate the points for work experience for purpose of immigration but, take into account the experience that is referred as skilled and relevant to your occupation code. You can't consider the experience that is irrelevant and unskilled.

sathiya

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi anish,

Yes, you can calculate the points for work experience for purpose of immigration but, take into account the experience that is referred as skilled and relevant to your occupation code. You can't consider the experience that is irrelevant and unskilled.

sathiya
Ok..For example, now I have 60 points including ielts.
I have 6 years of work exp in the last 10 years. I passed out in 2002, my relevant work experience start from June 2007 to till date...So u r saying that I can claim 10 points more...so total 70 points.... ??

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Arman,

You need to get the signature from the colleague and the witness on all the pages(Preferably bottom) before going to the lawyer.

The lawyer would just seal and sign. But there is different type of endorsement from them its not regular. Though it costs you more, please go a reputed lawyer and ask for overseas stamping. They are very well aware and handle these on a daily basis for many countries.

Better you download the format from the ACS website and make sure your Name, Start Date, End Date, Designation & Roles and Responsibility are clearly highlighted.

-Pk

Reactions: armanvp

·
Registered
141 Posts
Arman,

This is what I tried and it worked with ACS for me. My ACS result was received last week itself.

Commonwealth of Australia
STATUTORY DECLARATION
Statutory Declarations Act 1959

I, <Colleague>, working in <Division> of <Company Name and Full Address> as <Designation>, do solemnly and sincerely declare, affirm and make the following declaration under the Statutory Declarations Act 1959 that:

<Your Name> is a full time employee of <Company Name> and is working here since <Start Date> till <End Date>. He is working as <Your Designation> with the <Team Name> in the <Division Name>.

I am working colleague of <Your Name> under same division and work as an <Colleague Designation> in this division. I work as a mentor for <Your Name> for any architectural, design level discussions related to his job responsibilities.

I will recommend <Your Name> for any roles based around his experience. I believe he would be a great asset to any operation in any role. As a <Your Designation>, his Roles & Responsibilities in <Company Name> are as follows:
• Etc…

Hope this helps :)

-Pk

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Ok..For example, now I have 60 points including ielts.
I have 6 years of work exp in the last 10 years. I passed out in 2002, my relevant work experience start from June 2007 to till date...So u r saying that I can claim 10 points more...so total 70 points.... ??
hello anish,

work experience can be claimed only once for points and this claim of points can be measured from the skills assessment outcome letter given by ACS.

If your relevant and skilled work experience is from June, 2007, for sure, you will get 10 points for work experience as you have 5 years+ experience. But, i am clueless how you indicate 60 points. I assume that you added points for work experience twice.

Can you list out your individual points for factors like age, education, experience, ielts etc?

warm regards,
sathiya

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hello anish,

work experience can be claimed only once for points and this claim of points can be measured from the skills assessment outcome letter given by ACS.

If your relevant and skilled work experience is from June, 2007, for sure, you will get 10 points for work experience as you have 5 years+ experience. But, i am clueless how you indicate 60 points. I assume that you added points for work experience twice.

Can you list out your individual points for factors like age, education, experience, ielts etc?

warm regards,
sathiya
Hi satya,

Here r the details..

Education: 15 (bachelor degree)
Ielts: 10 ( not done yet)
State sponsorship: 5

Total: 60

Anything wrong ???? Pls answer

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi satya,

Here r the details..

Education: 15 (bachelor degree)
Ielts: 10 ( not done yet)
State sponsorship: 5

Total: 60

Anything wrong ???? Pls answer
hi anish,

no worries. what you said is right that if you get assessment from ACS as skilled and relevant, based on the number of years of experience, you can add your points for work experience to the existing points (60). For instance, if you get 3 years as skiklled and relevant, you get 5 points, and for 5 years, 10 points are awarded making your point scores 65 and 70 respectively, But, if your occupation is eligible for both 189 and 190 visa, i strongly recommend you to go for 189 visa, if your points are 65. If your points are 60 (after acs evaluation), you can follow in the route of 190 visa.

Because, holding 65 points is good enough to secure an invite within a round.

All the best,

sathiya

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hi anish,

no worries. what you said is right that if you get assessment from ACS as skilled and relevant, based on the number of years of experience, you can add your points for work experience to the existing points (60). For instance, if you get 3 years as skiklled and relevant, you get 5 points, and for 5 years, 10 points are awarded making your point scores 65 and 70 respectively, But, if your occupation is eligible for both 189 and 190 visa, i strongly recommend you to go for 189 visa, if your points are 65. If your points are 60 (after acs evaluation), you can follow in the route of 190 visa.

Because, holding 65 points is good enough to secure an invite within a round.

All the best,

sathiya
Hi Satya,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am a software tester, my occupation is only available in CSOL, not in SOL. Hence I think I can go only for 190 visa...correct me if I am wrong and now this position is opened only in one state Victoria. I have checked all the states occupation list...

Correct me if i am wrong...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Arman,

This is what I tried and it worked with ACS for me. My ACS result was received last week itself.

Commonwealth of Australia
STATUTORY DECLARATION
Statutory Declarations Act 1959

I, <Colleague>, working in <Division> of <Company Name and Full Address> as <Designation>, do solemnly and sincerely declare, affirm and make the following declaration under the Statutory Declarations Act 1959 that:

<Your Name> is a full time employee of <Company Name> and is working here since <Start Date> till <End Date>. He is working as <Your Designation> with the <Team Name> in the <Division Name>.

I am working colleague of <Your Name> under same division and work as an <Colleague Designation> in this division. I work as a mentor for <Your Name> for any architectural, design level discussions related to his job responsibilities.

I will recommend <Your Name> for any roles based around his experience. I believe he would be a great asset to any operation in any role. As a <Your Designation>, his Roles & Responsibilities in <Company Name> are as follows:
• Etc…

Hope this helps :)

-Pk
Thanks so much Pk and Sathiya for all your inputs!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts