Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have applied for my wife's and child's visa in the month of July relying on my income of ₤17,500 from July to June & my wife's income from February to June of ₤5000. Their visa run out in July.

Do you think I meet the requirement? also if I do not, what normally happens?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
39,244 Posts
You must be under Cat B. During June 2016 to June 2017, you earned 17500 + 5000 = £22,500. At the time of application, combined you are in jobs earning 17500 + 12000 = £29,500. So you should meet the requirement. Did you submit under Cat B? If it was Cat A, your wife's income doesn't count at all as she has been in her job for less that 6 months, and your income alone is insufficient. If you have applied under Cat A, they don't normally use discretion and work out your income under another category you may qualify under.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joppa,

I have only 1 job and my wife another job, so combined we made £22,500. I wasn't aware that if my wife has not been in 6 months job then her income does not count!

She started mid January in the contract of employment and she requested he 6th payslips to be issued on the day of the submission of the application so we have sent them 6 payslips and 6 bank statement for her. My only worries is that she got 2 payments within 2 weeks in the hope that it gets accepted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.