Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bonjour tout le monde.

I have just registered on the site,so thought that a quick hello and introduction will help you get to know who I am.
I am a forty year young welsh hippy type person who lives fully by the laws of love and positivity.
However,I hear your thoughts about wanting to know what the title is about,so here is a summery.

I have been in france for about a dozen years where I have been happily living in my mongolian yurts. The first few years were on rented land and then I bought a forest and happily lived in that with me ex french girlfriend who's name shall now be protected as she got tired of being famous.
The famous story started just after sarkozy came to power,and decided that if he was to rid france of its nomadic population,then he would solve the countries financial crisis as all the evictions would result in all us hippies,travellers,tree huggers and the likes would rush out and buy houses,therefore contributing billions more each year through our new found love of consommation of gas,electricity and water to name a few.
I unfortunately,happened to be the first person to go before the courts to face eviction under the new laws(loppsi 2),and as I was the test case and a the countries jurisprudence was looking at my case,then it was of great importance to the cause.
To keep the story short,I was set an example of and was treeted like a dog in the gutter during the court appearance and obviously lost my battle against the state,even though the eviction was completely illegal and I had permission to live in my woods,and was paying my taxes.
During the couple of years of all this going on,we were in the newspapers probably about 50 times,in quite a few magazines and on a few tv programmes,which is great fun when all you want to do is live in peace with nature.
However,I swapped my last yurt for a 3.5 tonne volkswagen and am now travelling around france in that doing landscape gardening and dry stone walling in many of the countries regions.
I am going to continue doing this for a few years,as I quite enjoy working a few months a year,and using the rest of the time to enjoy the beautiful countryside that is france.
Last year my white german sheppard who bizarrely is called cockney,even though he came from french breeders,and myself walked across the pyranees on the gr10 footpath,which was a cuople of month bimble for 870KMS from the atlantic coast to the med.It was a superb experience,where we not only sampled great views and got great excercise,but also had the chance of seeing bear,wolf and lynx to name a few of the many marvelous creatures that crossed our path en route.
Life is pretty good in the van,and I realy am enjoying the freedom of the road and am profitting from my good health and am making the most out of life whilst I can.
As for the future,well I figure I have another 20 years of fun before I have to make that a concern.
Anyhow,that will give you an idea about who I am,and I look forward to getting to know some of you over time,and if I am in your area,I could always pop in for a chat and a good cup of nettle tea.
I am currently in burgundy finishing of a couple of dry stone walls (will share photos when I fugure out how),but shall be off on another around france trip very shortly.
So very best wishes to you all.
Love and light and a bientot

Jamie and cockney

XXXXX

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't realise there were wolves and bears in the Pyrenees! I've camped wild a few times.
Don't suppose you have any photos of those animals in the wild?
Hi James, I do not have any photo's of either,as the wolf sightings were very fleeting,and when I bumped into a brown bear it was still dark in the early morning.

There are now quite a few wolves living in the pyranees that have actually traversed france from the mercantour part of the alps.
As for the bears,these have been re-introduced over the last few years since a hunter "ACCIDENTLY" shot the last one.

A couple of years ago,one of the pyranean hunts shot a sanglier of a size of 455 kilos,which is indeed quite incredable as the average size is probably around about 60kilos.

The wildlife in france is quite outstanding,and can offer many moments of great entertainment.

Vive la republique-vive la france !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.