Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ITA received oct 4..with EOI at 160 pts
We won't need nzqa bcuz me and spouse degrees direct from UK and USA.

I don't hv job offer.

I'm Doctorate degree level
My wife will hv one in February but I couldn't claim her PhD bcuz she doesn't hv it yet. Is it worth to mention some how in ITA app?

Medical reports will finish next week

Now just awaiting police certificates.

That's ur I guess. If I submit by early Nov could it be possible enough to get interview within weeks then Final decision within weeks?

Good luck all!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi Simply me

As per the trend I have seen in past one year, it takes few weeks( say 8-12 weeks depending upon the workload) to allocate a CO to your case.
And once CO is assigned, it take another 2-4-8 weeks to schedule a Interview, It all depends upon case to case.

However, I have seen a faster processing for the people who have job offer or jobs in NZ.
So I would say its pretty hard but you may get PR with 2-4 months is possible.

Good Luck!!

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
ITA received oct 4..with EOI at 160 pts We won't need nzqa bcuz me and spouse degrees direct from UK and USA. I don't hv job offer. I'm Doctorate degree level My wife will hv one in February but I couldn't claim her PhD bcuz she doesn't hv it yet. Is it worth to mention some how in ITA app? Medical reports will finish next week Now just awaiting police certificates. That's ur I guess. If I submit by early Nov could it be possible enough to get interview within weeks then Final decision within weeks? Good luck all!!
No.

For someone on a straightforward Residency application with or without a job offer it will take many months to secure this type of visa and then this is assuming all is ok with your application and immigration don't ask for more info/evidence.

To gain a residency visa in a shorter timeframe you would need a partner already an NZ citizen or close family already in NZ as residents or citizens etc etc.
The residency process is long.
Immigration must consider you living in NZ permanently.

From ITA to submission you have 4 months.
If you lodged early November it would be early December at the earliest when a CO assigned however NZ effectively shuts down Dec/Jan for summer and Xmas holidays.
Immigration will be on skeleton crew.
So let's consider a CO starting your application from mid/late Jan 2014.
A good 3 months to pick through the application and check everything ok.
Then a month for it to be audited and verified.
A month for arranging the interview and getting a decision in principle.
A month for final approval and passports returned with the visas.
So that's minimum July in my opinion.

This assumes Immigration completely happy with your application submission and everything checks out.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many Thanks.

My hopes are to have all done by August, when my kids finish school and I complete my job contract.

So it's good to mention to be sure that all docs are satisfied by them to avoid delays.

Thnx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts