Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Is the Titanic water park still open? Maybe Helen Ellis will know...
That used to be a great place for kids....
Alf Leila wa Leila used to do spectacular horse shows too....Not sure if either of them still exist...Iif your kids are older, there's lots of great snorkelling, often from the hotel beaches.
That's what I'd do with kids.

Sonrisa... enjoy Hurghada....your kids won't be bored!:)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks! Beachbeachbeach, sounds good, dolphin world, titanic water park and horse show. I've got to do some research on these
No snorkelling yet, I'm afroid, too young for that. Definitely too young for water holes!

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
top things to do in Hurghada with children?

First time visitor, end of April> I look forward to it!:D
There is a bowling alley and used to be a Go Kart track but not sure if that is still there also the submarine that you could take them on ....El Gouna has the Liquid Park which is an inflatable water park.You can also take them on a boat trip to Giftun Island which also includes snorkling on the reef.

Hope you all have a great time.:D

Almost forgot the desert safaris on quad bikes where you go to see the Bedouins.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is a bowling alley and used to be a Go Kart track but not sure if that is still there also the submarine that you could take them on ....El Gouna has the Liquid Park which is an inflatable water park.You can also take them on a boat trip to Giftun Island which also includes snorkling on the reef.

Hope you all have a great time.:D

Almost forgot the desert safaris on quad bikes where you go to see the Bedouins.
How far is el gouna from hurgadha? We are coming without a car, so we will have to rely on taxis and walking.

·
Registered
617 Posts
There is El Gouna bus (local bus, El Gouna/Hurghada area) I think it is LE3 for locals/residents. This bus is like a coaster bus. The travel will be 30-40 minutes by bus. Taxi is LE50? Distance is 25km.

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
How far is el gouna from hurgadha? We are coming without a car, so we will have to rely on taxis and walking.
About 20-30 mins drive from Hurghada but is well worth going to see as beautiful and clean and all built round lagoons but also things are bit more expensive than in Hurghada...just take a taxi and Gounie on here should be able to give you an up to date price for the taxi.:D

·
Registered
605 Posts
How old are your children? Playing on the beach is probably the most fun for the children. A boat trip to Giftun/Mahmaya/Paradise beach is lovely. So is a glass bottom boat trip. A desert safari/quads may be too much for them, it's not an easy drive to the Beduin village, but you can get camel rides in many places in Hurghada.
Eat a traditional meal at Gad on the Esplanada, nr McDonalds, try falafel for the kids. All the food there is fresh and the staff speak some English.
Be aware there has been a spate of bag snatching by men on a moped, and small children have been pickpocketing around the down town and tourist areas.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks! My kids Are 4 and 5. UnfortunAtely something has come up with my husbands job and there is a chance we might have no choice bug to cancel our short holiday break...
Im gutted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts