Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the papers out of the post box today and then saw something scurrying around inside....I'm still feeling sick now.

Dolly

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
ouch... is that the pic taken by you?? you had some nerves to go back and click it i must say :p

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL...I've got a camera with a good zoom....

Dolly

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
shooot.. still. i wud never want to see it again, even through a lens.. damn these!!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh if only ellisa,

We don't have letterboxes on front doors here....they are usually situated at the top of your drive either on a post (american style) or built into one of the two brick posts at the driveway entrance.

Dolly

·
Registered
7 Posts
yep its surely huntsman season. killed one next to my bed the other night and I am aware that there's another roaming around in my house right now. GREAT!!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GET OUT OF YOUR HOUSE NOW :lol:

If I knew there was one roaming around I'd be out of my mind with worry!!!

The one is the photo is only a baby, I guess 3" from toe to toe - my friend didn't help by saying if that's a baby then where is mum and dad :eek2:

Dolly

·
Registered
7 Posts
GET OUT OF YOUR HOUSE NOW :lol:

If I knew there was one roaming around I'd be out of my mind with worry!!!

The one is the photo is only a baby, I guess 3" from toe to toe - my friend didn't help by saying if that's a baby then where is mum and dad :eek2:

Dolly
Tell that to the indifferent aussie living upstairs. The missing huntsman fell off the ledge of her door the other night as she was opening it and it ran into her room. She was too tired to be bothered looking for it so she slept on top of her covers because she claimed that was safer than sleeping under the covers??? I DONT GET THE LOGIC!!!

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Ouch, Holy Cow.. are you guys trying to scare us? hehehe.. what Cr*p.. huntsman in the house, Dolly, Lauren.. hats off.... 3 inches is huge.. I am short of words hehehe

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ew. Ew. Ew. Yuck! I hate spiders. I don't know what I was thinking moving here! :) I refuse to sleep with the bedroom window open because there's a tree the rubs it and I wake up petrified something's gone and crawled in and is going to get me! I'm forever checking the bed before I'll get into it. I'm glad I'm in the city so the odds of actually FINDING one there are a bit slimmer. I've only come across 2 tiny thin light brown ones (they were immediately squashed and flushed). Yuck!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi,

Here in the UK we have this invisible barrier gel to keep slugs away from plant pots (not quite as scary!! :D)
Don't you have something similar you can put there around you mail box?

If not...You can always get some "special heavy duty gloves to check the mail box"!!!!:D

Cheers,
Busyte

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Flame thrower and bazooka come to mind :lol:

Yep, we can get sprays that deter them from invading nooks and crannies etc....guess what I bought from Bunnings yesterday :D .. I'm also guessing that we're going to have to get the house resprayed too.

Dolly

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
dont tell me the spiders have not been able to get to NZ yet :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts