Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My HR manager has informed AHC that my manager (who signed my reference letter on company letter head) is not authorized to sign such letters. Now, it is most likely that HR will also not issue me a reference letter. What should I expect now, NJL or direct rejection?

Regards,

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
First she said she will issue a new letter for me but now apparently she is not in a mood to issue. :(
Try writing to DIBP via "Update US" button that HR won't issue any letter and you got the reference letter as per professional courtesy from your manager as Stat declarations are accepted by DIBP. DIBP will understand.

Also, if possible try getting hold of AHC to explain the same.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Why did you consult with the HR? All you needed to do was get the signature from your Boss in the reference letter and keep it yourself.

And get a HR letter separately mentioning it's for Visa purpose with your Date of Joining in it. Duh!

Reactions: chentooz

·
Registered
337 Posts
Also, Can your manager speak to HR on your behalf?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Why did you consult with the HR? All you needed to do was get the signature from your Boss in the reference letter and keep it yourself.

And get a HR letter separately mentioning it's for Visa purpose with your Date of Joining in it. Duh!
He did not consult HR. AHC called HR and that's how the issue started. They also spoke to his manager.

Buddy I suggest you speak to HR and explain the scenario. Tell them how it can ruin your life etc. This one letter is very critical. If they need an apology etc just give it to them. Also see if your manager can put in a word saying they weren't aware that they could not sign.
Also tell them the letter does not have any fake claims etc. It's simple roles and responsibilities letter.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi,

My HR manager has informed AHC that my manager (who signed my reference letter on company letter head) is not authorized to sign such letters. Now, it is most likely that HR will also not issue me a reference letter. What should I expect now, NJL or direct rejection?

Regards,
I fail to understand why Manager is not authorized to vouch for your Role in the firm? HR knows nothing what you do in your work. Makes no sense.. people can be real pain in the butt for no reason.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I fail to understand why Manager is not authorized to vouch for your Role in the firm? HR knows nothing what you do in your work. Makes no sense.. people can be real pain in the butt for no reason.
Managers can vouch for roles etc but most companies only HR is authorised to sign on letter head. The issue is not with content, but why someone unauthorised issued the letter...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Its simple, managers can definitely endorse your skill, however, they normally DONT have the authorisation to sign on the company letter head [very few holds this power in many MNCs].

·
Registered
337 Posts
Makes sense, that is exactly why I used a Stamp Paper for my ACS submission.

And for proof you are with the firm in the said period, you can get it separately from HR. No fuss.

Do you have government provided stamp papers there Farhan???

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The thing is "DIBP" does not even expect "stamp paper", they are completely OK with normal A4 sheet as well.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The thing is "DIBP" does not even expect "stamp paper", they are completely OK with normal A4 sheet as well.
Are you sure? I remember someone even stressing on the value of the Stamp Paper.

Is it the same for ACS as well?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi,

Regards,

I guess you need to make the HR Manager understand your position again. Once you rule out this option and perhaps any similar one as well; I think it is better if you take your Manager (who signed earlier) into confidence. Get him to sign on an affidavit with his official contact details.
You also need to submit an affidavit signed by you explaining the above scenario.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I would research more regarding ACS, but DIBP accepts it.

Are you sure? I remember someone even stressing on the value of the Stamp Paper.

Is it the same for ACS as well?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you everyone for your responses. Just to update you guys; I was lucky my HR never informed AHC that my manager was not authorized to sign reference letter (previously she told me that she had informed AHC but from her emails to AHC it looks like she never commented on the signatory authority of my manager). Instead she only prepared a new letter including my details and roles and responsibilities (same as written in the letter signed by my manager) and sent that letter to AHC and did not respond to AHC on the signatory authority of my manager. So I am hopeful that DIBP will not issue NJL to me. She has sent me the letter that she sent to AHC and I have uploaded same on immiaccount.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Thank you everyone for your responses. Just to update you guys; I was lucky my HR never informed AHC that my manager was not authorized to sign reference letter (previously she told me that she had informed AHC but from her emails to AHC it looks like she never commented on the signatory authority of my manager). Instead she only prepared a new letter including my details and roles and responsibilities (same as written in the letter signed by my manager) and sent that letter to AHC and did not respond to AHC on the signatory authority of my manager. So I am hopeful that DIBP will not issue NJL to me. She has sent me the letter that she sent to AHC and I have uploaded same on immiaccount.

Good luck!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Kiss her man.. what are you waiting for ?? :D :D . . just joking don't follow it to the T. thank you mail and simple gratitude is good enough.. All the best

1 - 20 of 22 Posts