Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hiya Guys,

As xmas is fast approaching and there's many of us out there that love to celebrate it. I thought I'd ask what your plans were for xmas. Any xmas trees, decorations etc. Is anyone going to do the full xmas food spread, turkey, stuffing and all.

Well, I'll start off: Being in the UK, we'll get away with doing the full works as the oven will contribute towards keeping the house warm as well.... lol. Trees decorated and the kids stockings hung on the fireplace and all. Have tried to decorate the outside of the house but most of the stuff is packed so have settled for basic.

so what about you guys???

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.
May you be blessed with Wealth, Health & Prosperity

xx Satty:love:

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
:) nothing much fr us except for going places to see the decoration.. I love the cakes this time of the year, so probably will buy a few and stock the refrigerator :)

merry Christmas

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi Satty,

Well Christmas Eve we're going to Diver Dan's restaurant at Barwon Heads for lunch with the rellies.

Christmas Day we've got my no.1 son's girlfriend and Dad coming over so we'll do a BBQ and buffet type thing. Then off to the beach later with Santa hats on and take some pics. Then in the evening I'll be phoning friends and rellies back in the UK.

Boxing Day I'll do the full Christmas dinner with all the trimmings.

I have to say that from what I've seen (and this will be our 3rd Christmas here) Australians don't go in for Christmas as much as we do back in the UK. Not sure what other expats think about that one!

Have a good one......

Dolly

PS If you've seen the series Seachange, Diver Dan's is where Dan had his boat shed.

·
Registered
96 Posts
In Singapore..orchard road is famous for the decorations and lighting.. also parents are visiting us.. and also its our 1st xmas after marriage :D so hoping to enjoy..

wishing u all a very merry christmas !! :)

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
My husband is a bah humbug sort of person at Christmas and we haven't replaced the Christmas decorations that we left behind in the UK.

Around here people go for decorating their houses in a BIG way and some of the areas have traffic jams (we don't usually have traffic jams here!) in the night due to slow drivers looking at the lights with their families.

For Christmas we were going to have a quiet day by the beach or just chilling. However now we've been invited to dinner at a local vineyard, and card and board games around a friends in the evening. Depending in the weather we may drive 2 hours to Warrnambool in Victoria to visit friends and have a Christmas barbie with them. They are a stones throw from the beach so that could be fun.

This is our third Christmas here and we haven't done a traditional UK Christmas yet since often it's too hot for all that cooking!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Regards,
Karen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts