Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in CityStars today with my wife and we were in a very nice dress shop. She had picked a dress to try on and was on the way to the changing room.

I lifted another dress off the rack and turned it round to find the back badly ripped and damaged. I took the next one off to compare and indeed the first one was damaged.

I showed the damaged one to a nearby shop assistant and said "Hallas".
He was close, so he came over and looked - tutting and mumbling.

He then said to me "Did you do this?"

How would you have reacted:confused2:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but knowing if he did or not would play an important part in my reaction... cos I had an assistant put back on the shelf a box with a broken tea pot...
My reaction was before he did anything with the damaged dress.;)

i still had the good one in my hand ......

·
Banned
171 Posts
I was in CityStars today with my wife and we were in a very nice dress shop. She had picked a dress to try on and was on the way to the changing room.

I lifted another dress off the rack and turned it round to find the back badly ripped and damaged. I took the next one off to compare and indeed the first one was damaged.

I showed the damaged one to a nearby shop assistant and said "Hallas".
He was close, so he came over and looked - tutting and mumbling.

He then said to me "Did you do this?"

How would you have reacted:confused2:
My reaction would have been, "If I had damaged the dress, would I have shown it to you? DUH!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was hugely offended.

I said "you are accusing me of damaging the dress?"
he said "I was joking"
that me made me MAD:mad:

I shouted "That was not funny, not funny at all!!" - "How can you joke, its NOT funny, not funny, not funny at all"

I dropped the dress I was holding and stormed out - needless to say my wife didn't buy the dress.

As I looked back as I walked out he was standing just looking at me - i'm sure he didn't know what he did wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 years ago when we came over for my job interview, we were staying at the Sonnesta (first visit to Egypt) - we were in reception, my wife was standing just behind me when the the Reception Manager called me over for a phone call he said "Its your wife sir, what shall I tell her!"

Turned out to be my CEO's PA - but what a comment :eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Super Moderator
1,781 Posts
I was hugely offended.

I said "you are accusing me of damaging the dress?"
he said "I was joking"
that me made me MAD:mad:

I shouted "That was not funny, not funny at all!!" - "How can you joke, its NOT funny, not funny, not funny at all"

I dropped the dress I was holding and stormed out - needless to say my wife didn't buy the dress.

As I looked back as I walked out he was standing just looking at me - i'm sure he didn't know what he did wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 years ago when we came over for my job interview, we were staying at the Sonnesta (first visit to Egypt) - we were in reception, my wife was standing just behind me when the the Reception Manager called me over for a phone call he said "Its your wife sir, what shall I tell her!"

Turned out to be my CEO's PA - but what a comment :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Now that's what i would call...being diplomatic :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts