Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

The rules are confusing to me. I am trying to understand how candidates with State Sponsorship are affected by the new rules. The below url states this

If you register your EOI on SkillSelect and you are nominated by the Victorian Government for sponsorship, you will automatically receive an invitation to apply, subject to occupation ceilings.

Skilled Visa State Sponsorship Processing - Live in Victoria

Does it mean the new rules are virtually not going to affect any prospective candidates on the state sponsorship category?

I am giving my IELTS on May 12th, and will be able to lodge Victoria SS application only on May 28th, when the results come out. Victoria takes 2-3 months by which time I will cross July 1 and into the new rules. How am I affected here? Am I guaranteed to receive an invitation if I apply an EOI with an approval dated after July 1?

Please shed some light on this guys

Thanks!

·
Registered
550 Posts
northwest said:
Hello

The rules are confusing to me. I am trying to understand how candidates with State Sponsorship are affected by the new rules. The below url states this

If you register your EOI on SkillSelect and you are nominated by the Victorian Government for sponsorship, you will automatically receive an invitation to apply, subject to occupation ceilings.

Skilled Visa State Sponsorship Processing - Live in Victoria

Does it mean the new rules are virtually not going to affect any prospective candidates on the state sponsorship category?

I am giving my IELTS on May 12th, and will be able to lodge Victoria SS application only on May 28th, when the results come out. Victoria takes 2-3 months by which time I will cross July 1 and into the new rules. How am I affected here? Am I guaranteed to receive an invitation if I apply an EOI with an approval dated after July 1?

Please shed some light on this guys

Thanks!
What this means is that if you get SS before July 1 AND you apply for EOI on or after July 1, you are assured of a 176 visa provided your points total to at least 65.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What happens if my state sponsorship application gets lodged before July 1 but do not get a result until after July 1?

What will be the situation with my DIAC application?

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
What happens if my state sponsorship application gets lodged before July 1 but do not get a result until after July 1?

What will be the situation with my DIAC application?
If you are granted SS, you will automatically be invited to lodge an application under the EOI (SkillSelect) system.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ozbound12, I hope what you said holds good!

Any others who have idea on this, please chip in

·
Registered
525 Posts
Thanks ozbound12, I hope what you said holds good!

Any others who have idea on this, please chip in
I think you will be automatically invited to submit 190 application. however, you have to wait for the invitations to be sent at the beginning of August.

will there be any increase in charges for visa applications after 1-July?

Im confused whether to apply for 175 before 1-July or 190 after...can anybody advice?

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
I think you will be automatically invited to submit 190 application. however, you have to wait for the invitations to be sent at the beginning of August.

will there be any increase in charges for visa applications after 1-July?

Im confused whether to apply for 175 before 1-July or 190 after...can anybody advice?
Historically, the visa application fee has gone up every 1 July. I would expect the same this year. If you can lodge a 175, you may want to do that -- from what I've read on here, they're assigning COs for 175s pretty quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.