Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, basically, I already moved to France with my carte de sejour with "visiteur" status.

Any idea on what my options are to get a working permit or to make myself an enterpreneur?

I've read I can actually apply for a work permit anyways? Is that really working out for visiteurs?

I've also read about cahnging carte de sejour status to "competence et talents" or something like that. Which then gives me a right to form my own business?

Are these possible? and any idea how they can be done? Anyone with experience or theoretical knowledge would be great.

Thank you already :)

·
Administrator
51,979 Posts
Normally, to get a work permit you need to have an employer willing to hire you, and the employer has to justify the need to hire a foreigner with one of the branches of the government before you can make the necessary visa adjustment. But in that case, your work permit will probably be limited to that employer and/or that job.

The "competences et talents" status is relatively new. For that you need to write up a "project" that will benefit France - usually by providing needed or wanted services or goods, and it never hurts to provide employment for as many of the locals as possible.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.