Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I had put my all information on Skill Select in Feb 2015. The claimed point on Skill Select is 55 which are fine. I have uploaded all the required information and I am not over claiming any point.

However 2 days ago, I planned to hire a consultant and I sent him all of my documents including ACS letter (but did not share my Skill Select credentials with him yet because I have not signed any contract with him). After seeing the documents and EOI pdf file, he said that there is a mistake in your EOI that is why you are not receiving invitation. However I have doubt in him, because I had put all my information according to documents.

The error, I think, only might be related to Work experience. I have received ACS letter this month and I am still working in the same company which experience ACS has assessed and accepted and I have read somewhere that I can leave End Date blank and can claim points for ongoing experience.

Please give me precise information. I am not sure where I am making the mistake.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks. I will calculate the points calculator. However I did the copy work for points and it resulted in 55, so I do not think that I am over-claiming or less claiming. However other than points, do you think is there any chance of making mistake in Skill Select?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Not really, because in the EOI you never enter the points. You enter your DOB, your English language test results, your education (make sure you choose the right option- AQF Bachelors, Diploma, etc), and enter the skilled work experience as given in your ACS result. Just ensure that only the experience after your skill-met-date is marked as relevant and the rest as not-relevant.

Maybe let us know your age, IELTS results, education and work experience (as given in your ACS result). Let us calculate here how much points you can gain.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not really, because in the EOI you never enter the points. You enter your DOB, your English language test results, your education (make sure you choose the right option- AQF Bachelors, Diploma, etc), and enter the skilled work experience as given in your ACS result. Just ensure that only the experience after your skill-met-date is marked as relevant and the rest as not-relevant.

Maybe let us know your age, IELTS results, education and work experience (as given in your ACS result). Let us calculate here how much points you can gain.
My current age is 32, will be 33 on 27th Aug, 2015.
IELTS result is 7,7,6.5,6.5
Education as assessed by ACS is AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.
Work experience according to ACS is 7 years and 10 month. (I am currently working in the same company which experience ACS has assessed)

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
What is the skill met date that ACS has given you? What is the statement "The following employment after mmm-yyyy is considered to equate..."

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Work experience according to ACS is 7 years and 10 month. (I am currently working in the same company which experience ACS has assessed)
So the ACS assessment has said "The following employment after Aug 2007 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level...."?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is the skill met date that ACS has given you? What is the statement "The following employment after mmm-yyyy is considered to equate..."
The skill met date is June 2007. The statement is "The following employment after June 2007 is considered to equate...."

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry I am still confused! Do you mean they would not count separate experience of each office, because if I count them, it becomes 7 years and 10 months, but according to you, they will calculate the years and months from June 2007 to to date, instead of counting experiences in each company.

Here is my companies' experiences:

03/05 - 10/09
10/09 - 02/11
03/11 - 12/13
01/14 - to date (in ACS letter, its 06/15)

so if I count months, years of each company and then sum them all, it becomes 7 years and 10 months, but according to you, they will start counting from June 2007 by ignoring individual company's experiences and it will become 8 years in next month, right?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Right... Jul-2007 - Jul-2015 = 8 years - perhaps sometime at the end of July you will have 15 points.
But, that said, you should not wait to file your EOI. Mention all the details and submit it and let the system take care of awarding you the points whenever it wants to (mid-July/ end-July/ etc).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Right... Jul-2007 - Jul-2015 = 8 years - perhaps sometime at the end of July you will have 15 points.
But, that said, you should not wait to file your EOI. Mention all the details and submit it and let the system take care of awarding you the points whenever it wants to (mid-July/ end-July/ etc).
Jul, 2007 to Jul, 2015 = 8 years, since my ACS letter is saying Jun 2007 to onward, which means to June 2015, it is rightly becoming 8 years. if this is true, then I can have hope for the best!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One more point on which I need the clarification.
As we know, we have to add only assessed experience as a relevant experience, rest of them will be irrelevant. Well my career was started on 15th March 2005, however ACS assessed my experience after JUNE 2007. Well should I consider 1st June 2007 as my relevant experience? or else? I have put this date as my first relevant experience, is it true?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Add all the experience in EOI mentioning which was irrelevant and which wasn't. Later once the EOI data gets copied into your visa application, it copies just the relevant experience anyways. At least that is what happened to my application, and I did not bother to edit/ update it to add experience which was irrelevant.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Add all the experience in EOI mentioning which was irrelevant and which wasn't. Later once the EOI data gets copied into your visa application, it copies just the relevant experience anyways. At least that is what happened to my application, and I did not bother to edit/ update it to add experience which was irrelevant.
Yes I know that but what I was asking is that .... as my relevant experience according to ACS starts from June 2007, so it means that my experience from 15 March 2005 to 31st May 2007 is irrelevant and the experience from 1st June 2007 to onward is relevant, right? because I was checking information on EOI and I have seen that I have put the relevant date 16 June 2007, rather than 1st June 2007. I think the day in date is put wrong by me.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
That's tricky to answer because ACS bases its results on months and not days. Any specific reason for choosing 16'th? Like your employment started on 16'th? If so, then this would be the logical thing to do. Although, I did not do so. In my case, I interpreted "after Nov-2006" as 01-Dec-2006 as the start of the relevant experience. My employment started somewhere mid-Nov. However, in my case, choosing 01-Dec or mid-Dec would not have changed my points, nor my invitation outcome in the upcoming EOI draw. So, decide accordingly.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's tricky to answer because ACS bases its results on months and not days. Any specific reason for choosing 16'th? Like your employment started on 16'th? If so, then this would be the logical thing to do. Although, I did not do so. In my case, I interpreted "after Nov-2006" as 01-Dec-2006 as the start of the relevant experience. My employment started somewhere mid-Nov. However, in my case, choosing 01-Dec or mid-Dec would not have changed my points, nor my invitation outcome in the upcoming EOI draw. So, decide accordingly.
My first job was started on mid March 2005, say 15th. And ACS has said, after June 2007. Now I interpreted it as 16th June, 2007 because some people told me that in ACS, the term "after June 2007" includes the month "JUNE", so I entered the month JUNE in relevant experience. But I was also thinking that if June is included, then why 16th, why not 1st? because, as you said, ACS does not consider DAYS. I was feeling a little frightened that this should not be considered as "over-claiming".

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Having it as June or July changes your points? If so, I would advise to interpret "after June" as July - just to be on safer side especially when on borderline so as to avoid this over-claiming thing. IMO, it is worth to wait one more month rather than have sleepless nights until visa grant.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts