Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I have a query for those moving from Pakistan to OZ.

How will you transfer money? Whats the most cost effective option to transfer funds to OZ?

What are all the options available?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
350 Posts
1. Ask you bank about international wire transfer.
or
2. Carry all your money with you (not so safe). Must fill form if carrying more than $10,000.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can carry upto $10,000 per adult...even more if you declare them on the card they gave you before landing here in Australia...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what card ?

I dont want to carry cash - people are saying that I should open an account with NAB while being offshore, how can i do that with out an australian address or TFN or a job offer in australia?

·
Registered
256 Posts
what card ?

I dont want to carry cash - people are saying that I should open an account with NAB while being offshore, how can i do that with out an australian address or TFN or a job offer in australia?
Vic,
you can open a bank account with NAB or Westpac online without having any australian address. Just visit their website, you'll get all the information there.

regards,
Roposh

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Roposh.

So i just use my Pakistani bank to wire transfer the money to this account ? or do I need to go activate it some other way?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and also which bank is better? Westpac or NAB?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok I just looked at the forms for NAB - it states I "cannot debit any amount untill I arrive"... so i need to activate it upon arrival...

What are the requirements of that process?

·
Registered
256 Posts
ok I just looked at the forms for NAB - it states I "cannot debit any amount untill I arrive"... so i need to activate it upon arrival...

What are the requirements of that process?
From what i have read on this forum, the process is very straightforward. U just need to go to any NAB branch with ur passport and grant letter and ur account will be activated within 5 mins. I think they also provide the debit card at the same time.
Just search around this forum with keywords, u'll get the first hand information from many expats.

regards
Roposh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts