Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends and expats. :)
I received a letter from DIBP this morning about adverse information received.

1. I am studying full time in Australia and my husband is working in Thailand. He has been living in Thai for 19 years. We applied Student (Subsequent Entrant) (subclass 500) visa for him this year.

2. We did mistake while filling in the application form where as stated that he is holding Thailand Permanent Residency (We are from Pakistan originally). We misunderstood the term PR as we are considering him as PR since he has been living there for such long time. The fact is that he is holding non-residency/temporary visa in Thailand. A permanent visa is being applied for but it is yet to be finalised.

My question is that, How shall we respond to the letter? What documents shall we provide?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hello friends and expats. :)
I received a letter from DIBP this morning about adverse information received.

1. I am studying full time in Australia and my husband is working in Thailand. He has been living in Thai for 19 years. We applied Student (Subsequent Entrant) (subclass 500) visa for him this year.

2. We did mistake while filling in the application form where as stated that he is holding Thailand Permanent Residency (We are from Pakistan originally). We misunderstood the term PR as we are considering him as PR since he has been living there for such long time. The fact is that he is holding non-residency/temporary visa in Thailand. A permanent visa is being applied for but it is yet to be finalised.

My question is that, How shall we respond to the letter? What documents shall we provide?

Thanks in advance.
I advise you to contact a MARA registered agency. Your application contained false information. I don't think "oops, mistake, sorry" is going to cut it. You need professional assistance, IMO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Guys I need help!
I got NJ email and have to comment.
I got their email saying 1. when officers called for verification, one of staff member provided name of the other staff members who are working for the company but did not mention my name.
2. When asking about you, staff member replied you come once or twice a month when work was available
now this contradicts information I provided that I'm full time permanent employee of the company working 6 days a week.
Beside the staff in our office which deal with trading, our company has marketing and installation, service and maintenance technicians. these persons work on fields. Im being service and maintenance technician, work on field. now the staff member from the office did not mentioned our name! and just given information about staff members available in office.
How you advice me to comment on this situation? my employer is ready to give whatever declaration he may need to give to prove my employment.

·
Registered
23,937 Posts
Guys I need help!
I got NJ email and have to comment.
I got their email saying 1. when officers called for verification, one of staff member provided name of the other staff members who are working for the company but did not mention my name.
2. When asking about you, staff member replied you come once or twice a month when work was available
now this contradicts information I provided that I'm full time permanent employee of the company working 6 days a week.
Beside the staff in our office which deal with trading, our company has marketing and installation, service and maintenance technicians. these persons work on fields. Im being service and maintenance technician, work on field. now the staff member from the office did not mentioned our name! and just given information about staff members available in office.
How you advice me to comment on this situation? my employer is ready to give whatever declaration he may need to give to prove my employment.
In my opinion, NJL reply should be drafted by a MARA agent or an immigration lawyer
You will undoubtedly spend some money, but it will be money well spent

Give him all the facts and proceed as per his advice

Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
In my opinion, NJL reply should be drafted by a MARA agent or an immigration lawyer
You will undoubtedly spend some money, but it will be money well spent

Give him all the facts and proceed as per his advice

Cheers
Thanks for the reply. Could you please suggest any MARA agent/Immigration lawyer? I'm from India as well.

·
Registered
23,937 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Could you please suggest any MARA agent/Immigration lawyer? I'm from India as well.
I have no idea

Maggie may be able to help
She may know some good agents

Cheers

·
Registered
23,937 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts