Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can someone in the real estate sector please offer me some advice.

I need to rent a large plot, say 10-12 ha, for storage and processing of aggregates. It should be away from industrial and residential areas, as it will generate both noise and dust, including working during the night-time hours. It doesn't need any utility or service connections, as all equipment, facilities and lighting can be mobile.

It is straightforward to scour the adverts for small-to-medium sized industrial premises, some with buildings and utilities, with various rates from AED40/m2 upwards.

But how do I go about finding a simple "spot in the desert" to rent? Is this something my sponsor, as a local, can achieve by renting land from the government? And for business planning purposes, what sort of rate would be typical for such land?

Thanks in advance of any assistance.
Cheers, Lamp

·
Registered
858 Posts
any one can rent land anywhere in dubai. The only issue is you cannot register your lease so it's just a contractual arrangement between you and the land owner. Often that's fine but if you need to raise finance maybe to build on the plot that creates issues. All you have is a contractual arrangement with the landlord which isn't enough for many banks.

As to how you find a plot your sponsor (if he's switched on) might be a help or speak to some of the commercial real estate agents.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim, thanks for the response which escaped my notice until now.

Taking this a step further, I've found an appealing location on the Dubai-Abu Dhabi truck road at Al Faya. This is part of Zonescorp's ICAD vision, including a "Construction and Building Materials" Zone. This sounds ideal for UAE-wide distribution.

I've been told by a contact at a local haulage firm that they are renting a plot of open land in this location for storing equipment at around 1.00 dirham per square metre per year. No roads, no utilities, no drainage - just land on a long-term lease. The lease was obtained through the Emirati business owner, but I anticipate that we can also do similar through our (yet to be confirmed) sponsor...

Can anyone advise whether this is realistic, or does anyone have similar experience with open land - DXB or AUH?

Cheers, Lamp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.