Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Desired outcome:
I would like to stay in the UK and renew my tier 5 to a tier 2 visa to remain in the UK and continue working for "a company"

Situation:
I am a USA citizen with a tier 5 sponsored visa.

I am currently under a Tier 5 sponsorship with a company. My tier 5 visa expires in Mid-January.

My company would like to hire me and renew my visa from a tier 5 to a tier 2 visa.

According to the UK non-compete rules, a job posting must be up on 2 separate job posting sites for 2 months before a non-EU citizen is eligible.

The position I am applying for will have only been posted on the 2 job posting sites for 1 month and 20 days before my visa expires.

Question:
Can I renew my visa with my company in the UK, or do I have to go home to the USA and wait until I am "eligible" by UK non-compete standards?

If Yes:
What steps must be taken by me and my company to make this happen ahead of schedule?

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
You can't switch directly from Tier 5 to Tier 2. You'll have to make a new Tier 2 application from the US.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Sorry... It's rather unfortunate timing with your visa expiry. If you had some time left on your existing visa you could have potentially kept your belongings here for the duration of the application period, but it sounds like you will have to completely move out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.