Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a long stay visitor's visa and recently got my carte de séjour, which required 300 euros in tax stamps. When I went to the préfecture, however, they made an error, placing me in the student visa category (even though I tried to point out to them twice that it wasn't the same visa; they insisted that the forms were the same, it was exactly the same). As a result, I only paid one 55 Euro timbre.

I went today to the trésor public to do a reimbursement, and they then sent me to some immigration building in the 15th, where they THEN told me I had to go back to the préfecture where my carte de séjour was issued. I'm of course reluctant to do this because perhaps they would pull up my file there and see the error. Although, a few people have told me that a) since they redid the visa process the 300 euro fee might not in fact be correct, or b) if the French government makes an error on their part, they won't come after you.

Anyhow...if anyone knows how to reimburse these stamps, let me know! Otherwise, I have nine 15 Euro stamps and two 55 Euro stamps that I'm willing to sell at 10 percent off.

·
Registered
68 Posts
No idea how to get reimbursed for the stamps, but if you aren't able to then ping me. I will need those once I get my appointment from the OMII. By the way, how long after sending in the stamped form did you have to wait to get your appointment letter? I've been waiting about 5 weeks and nothing.

I have a long stay visitor's visa and recently got my carte de séjour, which required 300 euros in tax stamps. When I went to the préfecture, however, they made an error, placing me in the student visa category (even though I tried to point out to them twice that it wasn't the same visa; they insisted that the forms were the same, it was exactly the same). As a result, I only paid one 55 Euro timbre.

I went today to the trésor public to do a reimbursement, and they then sent me to some immigration building in the 15th, where they THEN told me I had to go back to the préfecture where my carte de séjour was issued. I'm of course reluctant to do this because perhaps they would pull up my file there and see the error. Although, a few people have told me that a) since they redid the visa process the 300 euro fee might not in fact be correct, or b) if the French government makes an error on their part, they won't come after you.

Anyhow...if anyone knows how to reimburse these stamps, let me know! Otherwise, I have nine 15 Euro stamps and two 55 Euro stamps that I'm willing to sell at 10 percent off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.