Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We moved 2 weeks ago and still staying with my wife's family (so no proof of address apart from a "declaration d'hebergement").

I will be employed by the Swiss branch of the company and work in Geneva.

How do we register for healthcare here in France? Do I need to wait 3 months before I can register?

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This might help: https://www.cleiss.fr/faq/droit_d_option_des_frontaliers_france-suisse.html

If that doesn't help, use the search facility on the CLEISS site for "frontaliers" where you'll find a number of articles and information sheets for those who work in Switzerland and live in France.
Thanks, I've seen that already but it implies that I am already registered in France (it requires a signature from the French provider).

I am new to France so I need to register here first, although they seem to require French income?

·
Administrator
49,111 Posts
Thanks, I've seen that already but it implies that I am already registered in France (it requires a signature from the French provider).

I am new to France so I need to register here first, although they seem to require French income?
That may be an issue. You may want to perhaps ask your employer (to be?). If they have other employees who are living in France they may have some experience with this and can possibly give you whatever document you will need in order to register with CPAM for the health system.

But then again, you may need the carte de séjour (residence permit) in order to register with CPAM - and if you're British, the website for applying for the CDS isn't going to open up until October 1st or thereabouts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That may be an issue. You may want to perhaps ask your employer (to be?). If they have other employees who are living in France they may have some experience with this and can possibly give you whatever document you will need in order to register with CPAM for the health system.

But then again, you may need the carte de séjour (residence permit) in order to register with CPAM - and if you're British, the website for applying for the CDS isn't going to open up until October 1st or thereabouts.
I am Italian so - if I understood properly - there is no need to ask for a "titre de sejour"

From ACCUEIL des ÉTRANGERS
"Avoir un titre de séjour n’est pas obligatoire en France pour les européens (Union européenne, Espace économique européen, Confédération suisse)."

And "Si vous êtes membre de famille d’un(e) citoyen(ne) de l’UE/EEE/Confédération suisse, vous pourrez exercer toute activité professionnelle de votre choix, salariée ou non-salariée, sans avoir à demander d’autorisation de travail."

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
We moved 2 weeks ago and still staying with my wife's family (so no proof of address apart from a "declaration d'hebergement").

I will be employed by the Swiss branch of the company and work in Geneva.

How do we register for healthcare here in France? Do I need to wait 3 months before I can register?

Thanks
It depends when you will be commencing work because it is your employment that will give you access. In the meantime, you can use your Italian cover.

·
Administrator
49,111 Posts
I am Italian so - if I understood properly - there is no need to ask for a "titre de sejour"
OK, then you would use either your Italian national i.d. card or your Italian passport when you go to register with CPAM. But, as EH noted, you will need to first consult your Swiss employer for the necessary paperwork establishing your "frontalier" status.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts