Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am a newly legalized resident in France...

... and now finding ways to "register" a charity/club non-profit type here in France, and can somebody please take me through some steps to to set this up, with what requirements, and finally get things running?

Appreciated!!!

·
Administrator
49,442 Posts
Can't give you the detail steps, but the official government page on associations is here: associations.gouv.fr

Most charitable associations are formed under the associations law of 1901 for not-for-profit organizations. You have to have statuts (i.e. a charter) that lays out the form of your charity, its goals, structure, etc. etc. There are some pretty strict rules about who you can employ and under what circumstances you can pay salaries, sell goods and of course you have to account for all moneys coming and going.

At most bookstores or newsstands with a book section, you should be able to find several books on creating associations. They will all be in French, however, as you're required to prepare and submit all the paperwork in French.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your advice is a very good start, so thanks Bev... still hoping for a few more inputs... then good to go, I hope... Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.