Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
I am in the weird situation. I have a positive skill assessment a year ago for Production Manager.
Now recently from April 2017, my company paid salary in cash. Till March 2017, all transactions are by cheque and I could attach bank statement. At the time of assessment I showed the transactions of cheques deposits in statement.

Now, if I apply for state sponsorship, how can I show the salary proof, by showing salary vouchers signed by company would be ok?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Hello all!
I am in the weird situation. I have a positive skill assessment a year ago for Production Manager.
Now recently from April 2017, my company paid salary in cash. Till March 2017, all transactions are by cheque and I could attach bank statement. At the time of assessment I showed the transactions of cheques deposits in statement.

Now, if I apply for state sponsorship, how can I show the salary proof, by showing salary vouchers signed by company would be ok?

Thanks in advance.

Other then salary slips, what other 3rd party evidence will you have ?

Tax deductions statements
FOrm 16 A
FOrm 26AS
PF deductions
INcome Tax assessment
ESI deductions

Will your salary be above the income tax threshold limit and will TDS be deducted from your salary and will you be submitting an income tax return ?

In today's digital age, any company in India making salary payment in cash to a manager level employee does look unlikely and raises valid suspicion

The state sponsorship is not the goal but only a milestone
The main problem you will encounter is in trying to convince the CO that your employment is genuine after you apply for the Visa

Cheers

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Other then salary slips, what other 3rd party evidence will you have ?

Tax deductions statements
FOrm 16 A
FOrm 26AS
PF deductions
INcome Tax assessment
ESI deductions

Will your salary be above the income tax threshold limit and will TDS be deducted from your salary and will you be submitting an income tax return ?

In today's digital age, any company in India making salary payment in cash to a manager level employee does look unlikely and raises valid suspicion

The state sponsorship is not the goal but only a milestone
The main problem you will encounter is in trying to convince the CO that your employment is genuine after you apply for the Visa

Cheers
Yes it looks weird, but that's the situation.

I have IT returns from the past, form 16 with TDS deduction from TRACES.

The company would co-operate in the any immigration matter. It will provide any written documents to support me, if it is needed in future.

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Yes it looks weird, but that's the situation.

I have IT returns from the past, form 16 with TDS deduction from TRACES.

The company would co-operate in the any immigration matter. It will provide any written documents to support me, if it is needed in future.

Thanks for the reply

The past is not the issue.

The issue here is the current year in which you aren't being paid by cheques

Which of the 3rd party documents listed above will you have for the current year ?

Cheers

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes you are right.

How about to provide the quarterly TDS deduction form 16 from TRACES? It is possible to do so for 1 quarter for now and 2nd quarter after a month for the year running year.

I am also planning to change the company. But it's very hard for the new company to employ someone who might not work for them for a long time.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Yes you are right.

How about to provide the quarterly TDS deduction form 16 from TRACES? It is possible to do so for 1 quarter for now and 2nd quarter after a month for the year running year.

I am also planning to change the company. But it's very hard for the new company to employ someone who might not work for them for a long time.

I was just thinking that when the company is ready to cooperate with you to a big extent, why don't you request them to pay your salary be cheque only.
Other employees they can pay in cash.
I am sure they can make an exception for you if you request

Any particular reason why they are insisting on paying salary only in cash ?

How big is the company ?
Does it have a web presence ?
What is the turnover and how many employees does it have ?

Cheers

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just thinking that when the company is ready to cooperate with you to a big extent, why don't you request them to pay your salary be cheque only.
Other employees they can pay in cash.
I am sure they can make an exception for you if you request

Any particular reason why they are insisting on paying salary only in cash ?

How big is the company ?
Does it have a web presence ?
What is the turnover and how many employees does it have ?

Cheers
Hey there,
Thank you for the information, and I think you are right about the cheques.

Now, the company would pay me by cheque. It's good for the overall process and looks legit too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts