Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a non-EU citizen living and working in the US. Spouse is EU citizen living in the US too. Both of us are registered with the Spanish Agencia Tributaria as non-residents because we don't live in Spain right now but we do own rental property there.

We need to fill out form 210 every quarter. It is confusing. This is our first time doing it. I found a page saying we both need to declare taxes, which makes sense, but would it be right to say that we should only do a single form 210 for both of us each quarter?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to say: We are married "en gananciales", as they say, which means that both our names are on the property title deeds, mortgage, bank accounts etc.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
We (my wife and I) spent three years declaring every 3 months whilst living elsewhere, on a single Modelo 210 in her name for the full value of the rent. This was on the advice of a gestor.

Upon returning to Spain I was allocated relocation tax assistance by my employer and the service provider (one of the big international accountants) told me that we had been doing it wrong, and that being the ownership and rental contract in both names, we should have submitted the Modelo 210 individually in each of our names for 50%.

When I asked what was likely to happen due to the "error", I was told "nothing probably"....

Make of that what you will.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts