Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am Harpreet from India.I am filling my EOI online. Now according to new rules i have to pay fees which is 4.15 Lakhs INR by credit card only. I want to know that is there any method of paying that fees from INDIA. I am confused. Kindly help

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am Harpreet from India.I am filling my EOI online. Now according to new rules i have to pay fees which is 4.15 Lakhs INR by credit card only. I want to know that is there any method of paying that fees from INDIA. I am confused. Kindly help
It is best to pay fees through Credit Card. You can ask your bank to increase your card limit for a day to that amount. Most banks do that.

There are other ways to transfer funds abroad like paying immigration fees through Centrum or getting a bank draft to remit funds outside India. But it is more cumbersome and if anything goes wrong, it gets difficult to track a bank draft for outside India. Moreover, I guess you would have to courier the bank draft to them.

It is advised to pay via Credit card.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
hi buddy,

Why can't you try for travel card from banks that have that facility for. I paid my visa fees of about 2.11 lacs indian rupees through travel card from icici bank. You can set the limit as you wish and there are several benefits of this card.

1. Safety and security.
2. Hassle-free way of payment.
3. Received the receipt on my email id in a minute after payment.
4. There are no charges (conversion charges, transaction charges, that come about 16000 to 20000 if you use other options)
5. Easy to get this travel card from Icici bak within a day or two following the submission of the photo copy of your invitation, passport, PAN card along with filled in application form for travel card.
6. This travel card can be activated easily and the funds from your salary/savings account can easily be transferred within 15 minutes of your request.
7. The e-commerce transaction facility can be activated online within a minute following which you will be able to make payment for visa application.
8. Very simple yet effective way of paying visa application fees at no cost incurred to the applicant.
9. Last but not the least, the customer care representatives and bank officers are very affable and warm welcoming.

If i can say in "3 idiots way", "it's free, free, free". (ha ha ha ha).

I personally experienced the salients benefits of this card and wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who are in the phase of lodging visa application. But, there are other options as well that might be suggested by other forum members.

it is all about whether the banks you have accounts with, are able to give this facility or not. if not, try to knock other banks or other branches of them. Else, try to explore other avenues such as enhancement of transaction limits on a credit card or debit card, feasibility of paying through them taking into account of their conversion charges and transaction charges.

Hope this information is helpful.

below link provides ample of information regarding the same.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...lia/175873-how-pay-australlian-visa-fees.html

warm regards,
sathiya

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Sathiya,

I am yet to pay the visa fees. I enquired with ICICI customer care and visited two ICICI branches in Hyderabad regarding Travel card. They told that visa copy, travel tickets are mandatory for issuing Travel card. Am i missing something here??

Kindly let me know the procedure or pm me the procedure for travel card.

Thanks in advance!
Naveen

hi buddy,

Why can't you try for travel card from banks that have that facility for. I paid my visa fees of about 2.11 lacs indian rupees through travel card from icici bank. You can set the limit as you wish and there are several benefits of this card.

1. Safety and security.
2. Hassle-free way of payment.
3. Received the receipt on my email id in a minute after payment.
4. There are no charges (conversion charges, transaction charges, that come about 16000 to 20000 if you use other options)
5. Easy to get this travel card from Icici bak within a day or two following the submission of the photo copy of your invitation, passport, PAN card along with filled in application form for travel card.
6. This travel card can be activated easily and the funds from your salary/savings account can easily be transferred within 15 minutes of your request.
7. The e-commerce transaction facility can be activated online within a minute following which you will be able to make payment for visa application.
8. Very simple yet effective way of paying visa application fees at no cost incurred to the applicant.
9. Last but not the least, the customer care representatives and bank officers are very affable and warm welcoming.

If i can say in "3 idiots way", "it's free, free, free". (ha ha ha ha).

I personally experienced the salients benefits of this card and wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who are in the phase of lodging visa application. But, there are other options as well that might be suggested by other forum members.

it is all about whether the banks you have accounts with, are able to give this facility or not. if not, try to knock other banks or other branches of them. Else, try to explore other avenues such as enhancement of transaction limits on a credit card or debit card, feasibility of paying through them taking into account of their conversion charges and transaction charges.

Hope this information is helpful.

below link provides ample of information regarding the same.

warm regards,
sathiya

·
Registered
29 Posts
What about HDFC bank's FOREX CARD?

Hi,

Did any one tried to pay the fee using Forex card? I saw the post mentioned by Sathiya. But no one has mentioned anything about saving more or less than 20K, using FOREX card. Can any one share their experiences regard to the card. As I am holding a savings account with HDFC , I am planning to get a this card.

Regards
Bunni

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi Sathiya,

I am yet to pay the visa fees. I enquired with ICICI customer care and visited two ICICI branches in Hyderabad regarding Travel card. They told that visa copy, travel tickets are mandatory for issuing Travel card. Am i missing something here??

Kindly let me know the procedure or pm me the procedure for travel card.

Thanks in advance!
Naveen
hi buddy,

do take the hard copies of invitation email received from skill select, the EOI homepage indicating invited message and few of the pages of visa application to prove your claim. Tell them that you are going to travel to Australia in a couple of months. Just fill in some pages of visa application and take print out of them.

Try to approach other branches and one branch may accept it, else, try to convince them.

sathiya

1 - 6 of 6 Posts