Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 1570 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear Friends,

Most of indians are struggling about how to pay australlian visa fees since DIAC increased visa fees(If they add dependents). The site supports credit card payments only. I hope the following information will help to all Indian friends

A country like India, the banks will not provide these much of credit limits in Credit cards or increase the credit limit even though if you give the payslips & other documents to bank. In other countries, they will give options to top up the credit cards by depositing required amount to credit card account. But in India, if you deposit huge amount to your credit card above the credit limit, your card will automatically blocked. As per RBI rule, it will not allow because, they think that you are going to change black money to white. So please leave the credit card option.

In case of debit card, I don't think the site will support but some members saying it may support. But I am not sure. As per my knowledge, the gateway implementation used for credit card and debit cards are different. For example, you can see that most of air ticket booking sites, they support only credit cards and travel cards not debit cards. If the debit card will support in the DIAC site, you will lose around 16000-18000 rs as international exchange rate(this will applicable in credit cards also).

In case of travel cards what banks are doing is, they will charge necessary Australian dollars to your travel card. But using ICICI travel card you can pay Visa fees. They will issue travel card within oneday. You can go to ICICI branch and ask for ICICI AUD Travel Card. Some branches may ask to start a new account, if you dont have. They will ask for passport copy, PAN Card. Some branches may ask for VISA copy. you just show them DIAC invitation letter if needed. your card cost will be Rs 150+tax. If you pay the equivalent indian money based on current bank's selling rate, they will charge required AUD dollars to your travel card. After activating your card for internet transaction from ICICI bank's website, you can use the card on websites. You can get the guidelines from ICICI travel card catalog.

Before using Travel Card, you just keep in mind that, they are issuing Travel Credit Card. You cannot use this card on Indian websites or ATMs in India. Since DIAC site is australlian, you can pay the visa fees through ICICI travel credit card. Great advantage is that you can save international exchange rates amount nearly 16000-18000.

Please visit different ICICI branches and enquired about AUD Travel Card. Some branches will accept cheque as indian money, without starting new account. It may depends on Banking officer you are talking about. They always asked to start a new account because they want to meet their target.

For activating new ICICI saving Bank account, it will take nearly 2-7 days. Eventhough they will give you account starter kit to you, they have the verification process. You can access your account details from their website, but you cannot do any transaction until your verification done from their headoffice. But I think, if you start the account in your home branch, your account will activate within two days.

Travel Card is issued from their branch itself, not from their head office. So that the banking officer can help you to getting traveller card as soon as earlier.

Hope this will helps ...

·
Registered
122 Posts
There is s simple way.....

Open the FD with any bank
Get the 80% of FD amount as credit card limit (instant)

Once the visa amount is paid, you can cancel the CC and pay the CC amount using FD

When you cancel the FD, the CC get's blocked automatically...

In my case i opened 3.6 Lakh FD and got CC with limit of 2.9 Lakh
i cancelled the FD and paid the CC amount......

So...... go ahead with this approach.... :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks a lot. I was always worried about this. Didn't know about Travel cards.
Very informative

·
Registered
47 Posts
dear all

i have friend whose credit card limit is 300,000 pak rupees(AUD 3000) and i have to pay DIAC visa fees 5280AUD.

i have no card with limit 5280 AUD. plz advise what to do. its urgent.
Dear how u pay the feee. i am in the same situation as of u.plz share ur experience

Reactions: Rah1x

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Dear how u pay the feee. i am in the same situation as of u.plz share ur experience
Option 1 - ask a friend/relative in Australia (or anywhere really) who has a credit card with that kind of limit to pay the fee on your behalf, and then send that person the funds directly.

Option 2 - purchase a prepaid debit card and deposit the funds onto the card. Here is an example: Forex prepaid card India | Attractive exchange rates | Best for international travel | All major foreign currencies available

·
Registered
891 Posts
American Express cards has no predefined credit limits, atleast for corporate customers. I called the AMEX customer care and asked if I can do a transaction of 3+ Lac on my card. They told me, "Sir, you are a corporate customer ( I have AMEX card from company too), your card does not have predefined limit, before doing the transaction please call customer care to confirm for a hassle free transaction. Their commitment will be verified once I do the transaction :).

·
Registered
403 Posts
Dear Friends,

Most of indians are struggling about how to pay australlian visa fees since DIAC increased visa fees(If they add dependents). The site supports credit card payments only. I hope the following information will help to all Indian friends

A country like India, the banks will not provide these much of credit limits in Credit cards or increase the credit limit even though if you give the payslips & other documents to bank. In other countries, they will give options to top up the credit cards by depositing required amount to credit card account. But in India, if you deposit huge amount to your credit card above the credit limit, your card will automatically blocked. As per RBI rule, it will not allow because, they think that you are going to change black money to white. So please leave the credit card option.

In case of debit card, I don't think the site will support but some members saying it may support. But I am not sure. As per my knowledge, the gateway implementation used for credit card and debit cards are different. For example, you can see that most of air ticket booking sites, they support only credit cards and travel cards not debit cards. If the debit card will support in the DIAC site, you will lose around 16000-18000 rs as international exchange rate(this will applicable in credit cards also).

In case of travel cards what banks are doing is, they will charge necessary Australian dollars to your travel card. But using ICICI travel card you can pay Visa fees. They will issue travel card within oneday. You can go to ICICI branch and ask for ICICI AUD Travel Card. Some branches may ask to start a new account, if you dont have. They will ask for passport copy, PAN Card. Some branches may ask for VISA copy. you just show them DIAC invitation letter if needed. your card cost will be Rs 150+tax. If you pay the equivalent indian money based on current bank's selling rate, they will charge required AUD dollars to your travel card. After activating your card for internet transaction from ICICI bank's website, you can use the card on websites. You can get the guidelines from ICICI travel card catalog.

Before using Travel Card, you just keep in mind that, they are issuing Travel Credit Card. You cannot use this card on Indian websites or ATMs in India. Since DIAC site is australlian, you can pay the visa fees through ICICI travel credit card. Great advantage is that you can save international exchange rates amount nearly 16000-18000.

Please visit different ICICI branches and enquired about AUD Travel Card. Some branches will accept cheque as indian money, without starting new account. It may depends on Banking officer you are talking about. They always asked to start a new account because they want to meet their target.

For activating new ICICI saving Bank account, it will take nearly 2-7 days. Eventhough they will give you account starter kit to you, they have the verification process. You can access your account details from their website, but you cannot do any transaction until your verification done from their headoffice. But I think, if you start the account in your home branch, your account will activate within two days.

Travel Card is issued from their branch itself, not from their head office. So that the banking officer can help you to getting traveller card as soon as earlier.

Hope this will helps ...
I don't know how the OP above got the travel card without presenting "Air tickets" which are MANDATORY per SBI, ICICI, HDFC, CITI and Axis bank.

Unfortunately, I believed in the above claim and visited all the branches and got a BIG NO.

Please see few links below for documentation requirements (Air Tickets are MANDATORY) :-

Travel Prepaid Card India | Great exchange rates | Dollar, Euro, Pound and other major foreign currencies | Apply today

Travel Card | Prepaid Travel Card | Travel Currency Card - Axis Bank

I was totally misled by the post and incurred an utter waste of time.

So for the benefits of others - the Forex card is NOT possible without Air tickets - unless of course you have a relative in bank which I think the OP has :)

regards,
Guru

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I don't know how the OP above got the travel card without presenting "Air tickets" which are MANDATORY per SBI, ICICI, HDFC, CITI and Axis bank.

Unfortunately, I believed in the above claim and visited all the branches and got a BIG NO.

Please see few links below for documentation requirements (Air Tickets are MANDATORY) :-

Travel Prepaid Card India | Great exchange rates | Dollar, Euro, Pound and other major foreign currencies | Apply today

Travel Card | Prepaid Travel Card | Travel Currency Card - Axis Bank

I was totally misled by the post and incurred an utter waste of time.

So for the benefits of others - the Forex card is NOT possible without Air tickets - unless of course you have a relative in bank which I think the OP has :)

regards,
Guru
hi guru,

you are right to some extent. however, it depends form one bank to another, one branch to another, one bank representative to another. What i mean is, i went to my icici's branch office and gave them the copy of invitation letter, passport and an id card (PAN card) and it was a onde day task to me to get activated with that card. But, the main problem is that i was unable to make the visa payment using this travel card as in VISA application, "only credit card option" was there under which 5 types od credit cards are accepted for paying visa fees. I am yet clueless why manoj has posted such a misleading information.

Credit cards:
1. Visa
2. Mastercard
3. JCB
4. Diners club
5. American express.

There is no option for travel card or debit card or so. i am 200% sure of this.

sathiya

Reactions: trying_aussie

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi guru,

you are right to some extent. however, it depends form one bank to another, one branch to another, one bank representative to another. What i mean is, i went to my icici's branch office and gave them the copy of invitation letter, passport and an id card (PAN card) and it was a onde day task to me to get activated with that card. But, the main problem is that i was unable to make the visa payment using this travel card as in VISA application, "only credit card option" was there under which 5 types od credit cards are accepted for paying visa fees. I am yet clueless why manoj has posted such a misleading information.

Credit cards:
1. Visa
2. Mastercard
3. JCB
4. Diners club
5. American express.

There is no option for travel card or debit card or so. i am 200% sure of this.

sathiya
Dear Sathiyaseelan,

Please try to understand about card types... Eventhough you have debit/credit/travel cards, all should come under the type which you have mentioned above.

What I posted here is from my experience. Please read each line carefully in my post and then tell whether it is a misleading information. Please check to see, which type of card is yours. In your card itself, it is specified that VISA/Mastero etc. Since you had the ICICI travel card, it is VISA Card.

please select VISA and continue.

Thanks
Manoj

Reactions: sathiyaseelan

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Dear Sathiyaseelan,

Please try to understand about card types... Eventhough you have debit/credit/travel cards, all should come under the type which you have mentioned above.

What I posted here is from my experience. Please read each line carefully in my post and then tell whether it is a misleading information. Please check to see, which type of card is yours. In your card itself, it is specified that VISA/Mastero etc. Since you had the ICICI travel card, it is VISA Card.

please select VISA and continue.

Thanks
Manoj
hi manoj,

Thanks for your feedback and i am sorry i should not have used that word "misleading". See, i have got a travel card of "VISA" type as you said. In my previous email itself, i mentioned that after choosing VISA, we need to give the details of this card that are given below.

1. card number
2. Security code (3 digit codes printed on the side of your signature)
3. Expiry date
4. Name printed on the card (there is no name on travel card i got from Icici bank)

Does you travel card has name printed on it? I am qondering if so, why they didn't mention it on my card?.

Could you please elaborate about your card?

Anyway, thanks a lot for your information. Of course, i read you message line by line and even word by word.

Warm regards,
sathiya

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi manoj,

Thanks for your feedback and i am sorry i should not have used that word "misleading". See, i have got a travel card of "VISA" type as you said. In my previous email itself, i mentioned that after choosing VISA, we need to give the details of this card that are given below.

1. card number
2. Security code (3 digit codes printed on the side of your signature)
3. Expiry date
4. Name printed on the card (there is no name on travel card i got from Icici bank)

Does you travel card has name printed on it? I am qondering if so, why they didn't mention it on my card?.

Could you please elaborate about your card?

Anyway, thanks a lot for your information. Of course, i read you message line by line and even word by word.

Warm regards,
sathiya
Dear Sathiya,

Sorry, If my words really hurt you..

In ICICI cards, normally, they will not print your name on your card, since they issued you on the spot. I was also little bit confused about the name while paying my visa fee. Please enter the account holder name. Since you own the Traveller Card, Please enter your name which you have given in the bank record.

If you need any help, please PM me.

Cheers....

Manoj

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Dear Sathiya,

Sorry, If my words really hurt you..

In ICICI cards, normally, they will not print your name on your card, since they issued you on the spot. I was also little bit confused about the name while paying my visa fee. Please enter the account holder name. Since you own the Traveller Card, Please enter your name which you have given in the bank record.

If you need any help, please PM me.

Cheers....

Manoj
hi buddy,

I am in the seventh heaven now. Yes, i lodged my visa application last night through travel card of icici bank. :)

Thanks a lot for your help and finally it has worked out well. I definitely recommend every applicant to go through this way of paying visa fees for myriad benefits it has brought about.

1. Safety and security.
2. Hassle-free way of payment.
3. Received the receipt on my email id in a minute after payment.
4. There are no charges (conversion charges, transaction charges, that come about 16000 to 20000 if you use other options)
5. Easy to get this travel card from Icici bak within a day or two following the submission of the photocpoy of your invitation, passport, PAN card along with filled in application form for travel card.
6. This travel card can be activated easily and the funds from your salary/savings account can easily be transferred within 15 minutes of your request.
7. The e-commerce transaction facility can be activated online within a minute following which you will be able to make payment for visa application.
8. Very simple yet effective way of paying visa application fees at no cost incurred to the applicant.
9. Last but not the least, the customer care representatives and bank officers are very affable and warm welcoming.

If i can say in "3 idiots way", "it's free, free, free". (ha ha ha ha).

I personally experienced the salients benefits of this card and wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who are in the phase of lodging visa application. But, there are other options as well that might be suggested by other forum members.

it is all about whether the banks you have accounts with, are able to give this facility or not. if not, try to knock other banks or other branches of them. Else, try to explore other avenues such as enhancement of transaction limits on a credit card or debit card, feasibility of paying through them taking into account of their conversion charges and transaction charges.

Hope this information is helpful to the people who are in the phase of visa payment.

Once again, Manoj, thank you very much for showing the easiest and cheapest way of paying visa fees with huge convenience.

Sathiya

·
Registered
186 Posts
hi buddy,

I am in the seventh heaven now. Yes, i lodged my visa application last night through travel card of icici bank. :)

Thanks a lot for your help and finally it has worked out well. I definitely recommend every applicant to go through this way of paying visa fees for myriad benefits it has brought about.

1. Safety and security.
2. Hassle-free way of payment.
3. Received the receipt on my email id in a minute after payment.
4. There are no charges (conversion charges, transaction charges, that come about 16000 to 20000 if you use other options)
5. Easy to get this travel card from Icici bak within a day or two following the submission of the photocpoy of your invitation, passport, PAN card along with filled in application form for travel card.
6. This travel card can be activated easily and the funds from your salary/savings account can easily be transferred within 15 minutes of your request.
7. The e-commerce transaction facility can be activated online within a minute following which you will be able to make payment for visa application.
8. Very simple yet effective way of paying visa application fees at no cost incurred to the applicant.
9. Last but not the least, the customer care representatives and bank officers are very affable and warm welcoming.

If i can say in "3 idiots way", "it's free, free, free". (ha ha ha ha).

I personally experienced the salients benefits of this card and wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who are in the phase of lodging visa application. But, there are other options as well that might be suggested by other forum members.

it is all about whether the banks you have accounts with, are able to give this facility or not. if not, try to knock other banks or other branches of them. Else, try to explore other avenues such as enhancement of transaction limits on a credit card or debit card, feasibility of paying through them taking into account of their conversion charges and transaction charges.

Hope this information is helpful to the people who are in the phase of visa payment.

Once again, Manoj, thank you very much for showing the easiest and cheapest way of paying visa fees with huge convenience.

Sathiya
Visa payment via Travel card is only available from ICICI card or we can use any bank travel card (hope we will get same "Free" Free")? Someone said they used HDFC travel card, will that cost extra as like when we pay through Credit card?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Visa payment via Travel card is only available from ICICI card or we can use any bank travel card (hope we will get same "Free" Free")? Someone said they used HDFC travel card, will that cost extra as like when we pay through Credit card?
Any travel card will support....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Today I called HDFC customer care to check about HDFC forex card. They said I cant use that card in international website. So wondering anyone used HDFC forex card to pay visa fees and what is the method they followed?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Today I called HDFC customer care to check about HDFC forex card. They said I cant use that card in international website. So wondering anyone used HDFC forex card to pay visa fees and what is the method they followed?
Forex card, you can swipe anywhere in the ATM and withdraw cash. However, there is a small transaction fee I encountered when I used that in Australia. Also in some international airports.

It is as good as a debit card I would say, because, as long as you have the sufficient cash in it, you can withdraw it. However, never tried this for visa processing/gateway card based online transactions.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great Info. I am sure this post will help a lot of people.

1 - 20 of 1570 Posts