Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

What are my possibilities with moving to Australia from England as being a British permanent resident(not a citizen).( I am 55 years old, with economics Bachelor degree and half done cima degree. Can perform all kinds of jobs with numbers: accounting, analyses etc.)

Thanks for all the help

Alex :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi all!

What are my possibilities with moving to Australia from England as being a British permanent resident(not a citizen).( I am 55 years old, with economics Bachelor degree and half done cima degree. Can perform all kinds of jobs with numbers: accounting, analyses etc.)

Thanks for all the help

Alex :)
Same as a resident of any other country. However, most of the Skilled migration visas require you to be under 45 years of age; 50 in some visas. You can look for other visa types for which you may still be eligible: Visa Finder

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the answer.

So there is no advantage of being a permanent resident of England when moving to Australia? What if being a citizen?

·
Super Moderator
5,695 Posts
Thank you for the answer.

So there is no advantage of being a permanent resident of England when moving to Australia? What if being a citizen?
Why would there be?

There is no difference to Australia wherever you are from, and the UK does not give any preference at all to Aus residents and citizens - in fact, Britain gives much greater preference to EU citizens.

In answer to noody1's initial question, the only visa he could get would be a (temporary) visitor visa which does nor permit any work, there are no working visas available for people over 50.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts