Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my very first experience using the forum. We have recieved the sponsorship from NSW and have applied for the same, waiting for the case officer to be appointed. We would like to bring our 3 year old female Pug with us to Australia, but have figured out that DAFF does not approve of dogs moving directly from India to Australia. I need advice on if there is any way even with an extended quarintine time that we could along with the dog or else if there are any agenices who could help us to move the dog to a DAFF approved country, make arrangements for foster home and then move the dog to Australia. Any guidance on this will be greatly helpful.
Thanks.

·
Registered
385 Posts
in really dont know abt migrating ur pug but can tell maintaining pets is really though here......u should have insurance and pets medicals and training to be done

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
No it has to be moved to a 'safe' country, stay there for a while then move to Australia. But i was under the impression that pugs couldn't be flown, something to do with their breathing at altitude? Best check with some pet shippers.

Airlines Ban Bulldogs, Snub-Nosed Breeds From Flying Because Of Health Risks To Dogs

https://www.avma.org/public/PetCare/Pages/Short-nosed-Dogs-and-Air-Travel-FAQs.aspx
My friend moved her pug from the US to Australia and didn't have a problem although she had to find an airline that was able to accept the dog as some will not. Of course, the dog was still quarantined on arrival.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just make sure you have all the relevant paperwork done and the move should be fine, though it may take some time. The most important obstacle is finding a suitable airline!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts