Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I am hoping you all can help. Here is my unique situation..

I am a US born dual citizen of US and UK (by ancestry). I am married to an American and my son (1 year old) is also American. I have been offered a job in the UK (UK company) and I want to of course move overseas with my family. The UK job pays upper 20K pounds. We are all still located in the US.

I have been doing a lot of research, and I believe my options are:

A
to move without family and sponsor them six months later

B
bring them with, but prove I have $100,000+ dollars in savings in order to "support" them until I can sponsor them.

Is this correct?

This seems very un-family friendly. I am not asking for them to become citizens, just to work and live together as a family.

We cannot afford to do this move on one income so I have to have my husband and his income as well.

Am I missing something? There has to be a way....there just has to be! :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also have many UK relatives (aunts, uncles, cousins etc) in the UK, who have been there their whole lives. Are they able to sponsor my husband and child seeing as they are permanent residents?

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
Only you can sponsor your husband and child. Have you read through FM 1.7 to understand the options for meeting the financial requirement?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...pendix_FM_Annex_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf

If you have been earning at least £ 22,400/ year (about $35,500) for at least 6 months and you have a job lined up in the UK earning at least £22,400/year which starts within 3 months of your return then your spouse and child can apply. See FM 1.7 for other options.

One of the requirements is that you have accommodation lined up before you arrive. It is acceptable to stay with friends or family as long as there is no overcrowding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you! In the US I earn $60,000 (with the company for 7 years) and so does my husband (with his company almost 3 years) so about $120,000 combined income. The job in UK is paying $42,000 per year and would start in the next 6-8 weeks. It is a permanent job. We do not yet have accommodations. So you are saying there is hope and that they might be able to come with me and not have to wait the six months and my husband might be able to get a job right away too?

(I will look at the link you provided--I have looked at so many links, my head is going to spin!)

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
Your husband's income is irrelevant. It's the UK spouse that must meet the financial requirement. You really need to read through FM 1.7 to understand what options are available to you. It's the UK Goverment site so the information is official.

You should also read:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...06_immigration_rules_appendix_fm_se_final.pdf

You'll need to meet the financial, accommodation and relationship requirements and you'll need to pay the NHS Surcharge of £600 for each of them before you submit your application and supporting documents.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/overview

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.