Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Salut,

When is a window not a window? When it is a-jar. OK, A silly riddle, but it introduces my question:

My rental apartment has new PVC 2-panel windows that open à la française. I'd like to leave them ajar but they swing wide open. My makeshift solutions (an empty cereal box propped up against the faucet in the kitchen and a pool noodle between the window and the wall in the bedroom) are kinda ugly and inefficient. I've seen some nice-looking window entrebailleurs but I don't want to alter/damage the frame.

Just came across this doodad, the Airclip. The youtube video makes it seem like one of those "miracle" infomercial products that break after 2 days. Has anyone tried it or can anyone suggest a more attractive/efficient alternative?

Merci, Charlot

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
How about a short piece of wood a little longer than the "ajar" distance. Then a loop of string or cord at each end for looping around the window handles? Or......why not go into a window shop and ask?

DejW

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying. Asked at a window shop. The owner suggested child-proof entrebailleurs, the ideal solution if I weren't a renter. Will stop in at the local hardware store when they return from holiday. If I can't find a "neater" way, I'll go with your creative improv.

Merci bc, Charlot

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Salut,

When is a window not a window? When it is a-jar. OK, A silly riddle, but it introduces my question:

My rental apartment has new PVC 2-panel windows that open à la française. I'd like to leave them ajar but they swing wide open. My makeshift solutions (an empty cereal box propped up against the faucet in the kitchen and a pool noodle between the window and the wall in the bedroom) are kinda ugly and inefficient. I've seen some nice-looking window entrebailleurs but I don't want to alter/damage the frame.

Just came across this doodad, the Airclip. The youtube video makes it seem like one of those "miracle" infomercial products that break after 2 days. Has anyone tried it or can anyone suggest a more attractive/efficient alternative?

Airclip Entrebailleur de fenêtre - YouTube

Merci, Charlot
I'm a renter also at the moment and have the same problem! I know how to leave standard windows ajar, but not these PVC double glazed ones and it's driving me mad. Would love to know the outcome.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm a renter also at the moment and have the same problem! I know how to leave standard windows ajar, but not these PVC double glazed ones and it's driving me mad. Would love to know the outcome.
Hi, Will let you know and please do the same if you find a solution.

In addition to my local droguerie, I'm planning to visit a window store that carries my brand to see if I overlooked some gizmo that's already built in. Wish the building owners had sprung for the "German-style" windows that also open from the top. Oh well, I'm thrilled to have the double glazing. What a difference!!!

I did peek at (not in ;)) my neighbors' windows. Appears I'm the only fresh-air fiend.

Salut, Charlot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.