Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I want to apply to the 189 visa, I have already the skills assessment and the points on the IELTS.

I am about to place the EOI, but I want some advice in regards my parents, at present they live in my country but they are dependant from me, so I would like to bring them with me (I am already living in AU with an sponsor visa). My mom is 57 and my dad is 67 years old.

However, due that the second settlement is almost 5000au per each one, I want to hold their application until I can put the money together in maybe 1 - 1.5 years

I was looking at the option of don't include them in my 189 visa but start a parent migration visa for them later, but it seems it could take 10 to 15 years to be answered (not always accepting them anyway)...

I don't want to take the risk of don't be able to bring my parents with me soon if I had to apply with the parent migration visa. Do you know if there is any other option that allow me to start my application for the 189 and later on amend my visa for include them as dependant relatives? or any other option faster than 10 to 15 years :( ??

I would really appreciate any other option you can suggest to me. Thanks!
Camila

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Agree with Monika.

Reason number 2 why they do not qualify is that they do not live in your home. It is impossible for someone to be your dependent under immigration rules if they are living in another country.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dear Expert,

I want to include my father (single parent) as depandant in my 189 visa application.

He is dependant on me, but we dont have any bank statement to proof the dependance.
I am regularly transferring money to my sisters account from australia(for him medical exp, house rent & electricity bill) and she will give money to him.

Please advise what is the alternative documents we can show?

Thanks & Regards
Reca.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
As he does not live with you he is not your dependent under Australian immigration rules and you can not include him.

·
Registered
460 Posts
There is a huge difference between what immigration deems as being dependant and what in some counties are deemed as dependant. You need to be living together for one...parents needing assistance to shower and dress etc show high dependence. Financial not so much as if they are under 65 they are required to work in Australia (soon to be 70) so why are they not working now? Or they should be getting some sort of government assistance...so are not wholly dependant. Immigration also does not care about the "hierarchy" of some countries family responsibility.....all children are expected to support their parents (not just the sons) so if there are more than one child...the parents are not totally dependant on the child moving to Australia.

Moving only into your sisters account....immigration will say your sister can support them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts