Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Most of what is said is just common sense, but it's useful advice nontheless. I like what it says about empathy
How to help your children settle in abroad | HSBC Expat - YouTube
This is great. I was 'dragged' around the world several times before I went to high school and it wasn't easy, although I generally adjusted quickly, we were on the move again and it started all over again, even returning to the UK was a challenge (and yes, return to the home country can be as much a challenge as moving overseas and I know expat parents here whose kids have that problem) - wish we'd had information like this, the ease of travel and the internet that are available today :)

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Most of what is said is just common sense, but it's useful advice nontheless. I like what it says about empathy
How to help your children settle in abroad | HSBC Expat - YouTube
There are so many questions about moving with children (not just in the Spain forum). I think it includes lots of stuff that many people don't really think about - most questions seem to be about schooling or activities and I do think that many people get so tied up in the immediate practicalities that they don't always think about all this stuff.

I've taken the liberty of posting the video to the France forum.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My dad was a person who very quickly got fed up of places and moved us around a lot. Some places good ,some places not so. He was a bit of a dreamer and a bit of a rascal. Adjusting to schools was hard sometime but sometimes not so much.
We were quite a big family so maybe that makes the difference i dont know. So our roots became us as a family rather than a place and we stayed close despite his off scale wanderings. It could be hard at times with schooling etc. But over the years we realised he did us a favour inadvertently. He would never have done is a favour deliberately. But as we came out of adolescence etc we became very very strong human beings, who could adjust to any situation, not suffer fools gladly, and be very very liberal and accommodating. Sometimes I think we protect our kids to the point that they are not good at resilience or have coping stratedgies. We will take all comers. Bring it on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts