Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Pakistan, and PTE academic is not available in here. So I did a little research and found that if I go to UEA and take the exam, it would cost me around 90K to 100K, which is a huge amount. Moreover, I will first need to go to Karachi from Lahore by train (I live in Lahore) because air tickets from Karachi to UAE is cheaper than Lahore, and then fly to UAE and book hotels etc. On top of that if I still did not manage to score 79+ in each then it is simply a disaster.
By the way I have scored 7+ in each in IELTS, but I need 8 to gain 20 points, and as everyone knows that scoring 8 in each in IELTS is much more difficult as compared to PTE Academic.

So the best option to take PTE exam multiple times to obtain 79+ would be to go to INDIA from Lahore, and it will cost me almost 20K to 25K. (yes 20K to 25K). See the difference between 100k and 25K, and India is also quite near. Lahore is few kms away from Jalandhar in India where PTE test center is. I just need a bus ticket, and that is all.

In order to go to to neighbor country India I looked into different types of visas which Indian government issues to Pakistani citizens, and I came to know that none of them are easier to get, such as Visitor visa requires you to be first invited from India by someone. All other visa types has also their own requirements, which an ordinary person like me, who has no friends and family members over there, can get them.

What a horrible situation!!!

I will highly appreciate if someone from India or Pakistan can shed some light on it and can guide me on how can I go there just for taking the test, and come back.

·
Registered
205 Posts
With current political situation, you can forget about a visa to india.
I was in the same boat. But I did my preparation and booked pte in Dubai. Got 89/90 in the first attempt. So, it's not gonna be a disaster if you do your best. Also, mock tests give a pretty good idea how much you will score in the real exam. I took 3 mock tests, just to be sure of my preparation (as my 100k were at stake :p)

Reactions: Mikail_Zubair

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
India didn't even grant visa to sports teams from Pakistan. So it's safe to say there is no chance they will grant you a visa so that you could go and take PTE.
https://www.dawn.com/news/amp/1330599
https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/20...mpion-pakistan-squash-team-denied-india-visa/
Okay, thank you for your sincere reply. Btw do you think if I can score 7+ in IELTS in each, then with some preparation I will be able to score 79+ or it will need me to give 3 to 4 attempts?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Okay, thank you for your sincere reply. Btw do you think if I can score 7+ in IELTS in each, then with some preparation I will be able to score 79+ or it will need me to give 3 to 4 attempts?
Yeah, with good preparation you can get 79+ in one attempt. I took ielts 2 times, couldn't score more than 6.5 in speaking. Practiced hard for PTE and got 89/90 with a 90 in speaking.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, with good preparation you can get 79+ in one attempt. I took ielts 2 times, couldn't score more than 6.5 in speaking. Practiced hard for PTE and got 89/90 with a 90 in speaking.
okay, it is motivational. Thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will be very grateful if you could kindly share how much did you score in IELTS and then in PTE for each section. It will give me an idea that I would be able to get desired score as I also have done multiple attempts at IELTS after scoring 7+ in each

·
Registered
205 Posts
i will be very grateful if you could kindly share how much did you score in ielts and then in pte for each section. It will give me an idea that i would be able to get desired score as i also have done multiple attempts at ielts after scoring 7+ in each
ielts: L9, r9, w7, s6.5
pte: L83, r90, w89, s90

·
Registered
220 Posts
Imagine if the political situation was better hundred and thousands like you would have benefited in different ways from India. its sad to see Pak leadership hell bent to deteriorate the situation.

Education: Bachelor Degree (15 points)
Work Experience: 5 points
PTE Mock A : LRSW 71 67 70 72
PTE Mock B : LRSW 76 72 67 73
PTE Exam 1: LRSW 73 85 65 85 (19 Jun)
PTE Exam 2: LRSW 89 78 65 89 (07 Aug)
PTE Exam 3: LRSW 72 75 54 80 (31 Aug)
ACS Applied: 19th July
ACS Received: 11th Aug

·
Registered
61 Posts
I will be very grateful if you could kindly share how much did you score in IELTS and then in PTE for each section. It will give me an idea that I would be able to get desired score as I also have done multiple attempts at IELTS after scoring 7+ in each

PTE's pattern and techniques are very different from IELTS. So the comparison on each module will not help. Best way to buy thw official PTE mock and give the first exam to know your standard, then practice hard and give the second Mock to find out the preparation level . Depending on the score, you can decide your date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Imagine if the political situation was better hundred and thousands like you would have benefited in different ways from India. its sad to see Pak leadership hell bent to deteriorate the situation.

Lets not make it political. Leadership from both sides are to be blamed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Lets not make it political. Leadership from both sides are to be blamed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Lets refrain us from discussing political stuff in this forum

Reactions: asadkhalid

·
Registered
165 Posts

That's uncalled for. These comments are not appreciated here in this forum.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Thanks abhijeet for your political view. I wish both India and Pakistan were so great so that we would not need expatforum at all. We would not need to migrate anywhere. Imagine an Australian struggling with a Hindi/Urdu Language test and asking on expatforums about flying to some other country to take the test so that he can somehow manage to immigrate to India/Pakistan.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PTE's pattern and techniques are very different from IELTS. So the comparison on each module will not help. Best way to buy thw official PTE mock and give the first exam to know your standard, then practice hard and give the second Mock to find out the preparation level . Depending on the score, you can decide your date

Thank you samgegr8. Where can I buy official PTE mock test?

Reactions: braich.abhijeet

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I am in the same situation as you are. Flying from Isb to Sharjah is cheaper. ICD here has suggested me CAE too. Which also is computer based and easier than ielts. Look into it and lemme know your opinion.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 25 Posts