Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, your advice is needed.

We have friends who were granted a 176 SS Visa and they went to Aus and activated the visa and then came back to get ready for the move.

Shortly after that they found out they were pregnant with twins, and delayed the move until after their babies were born. Now they are ready to go, but how do they go about adding the twins to their visa?

G

·
You cant. The children need to apply for the child visa Child Visa (Subclass 101) with parent as sponsor.

Which costs $1995 and can take 9+ months to grant, maybe more from a high risk country! They should have given birth in Australia and the children would have been citizens.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi everyone, your advice is needed.

We have friends who were granted a 176 SS Visa and they went to Aus and activated the visa and then came back to get ready for the move.

Shortly after that they found out they were pregnant with twins, and delayed the move until after their babies were born. Now they are ready to go, but how do they go about adding the twins to their visa?
V big mistake they make, they r supposed to deliver the babies in australia so they get australia passport next day. What is the use they gave birth in SouthAfrica. anyway tell them to apply for visa n go to australia embassy in southafrica

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi,
I think it's natural to want to have your children in your country of origin (especially if it (or they!) are your first). The situation may be different if you're applying in SA but we were in the same situation - we applied for visas for our children from the UK and they were granted very quickly. We allowed 9 months but had the visas back within less than a month.
They should speak to your local Australian consulate in the first instance.
Good luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,
I think it's natural to want to have your children in your country of origin (especially if it (or they!) are your first). The situation may be different if you're applying in SA but we were in the same situation - we applied for visas for our children from the UK and they were granted very quickly. We allowed 9 months but had the visas back within less than a month.
They should speak to your local Australian consulate in the first instance.
Good luck!
Thanks
They decided that the twins should be born in SA because of the support that friends and family offered. Can you imagine moving to another country with a 3 year old then twins come along. The stress of the move is bad enough and can put a strain on a marriage. It was not a bad decision but a responsible one in my opinion. Besides, if they were born in Aus they would not have SA citenship like the rest of the family so cant just come back on holiday to visit the rest of the family if they wanted to.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dear guys, please take care of these docs when you apply 101 child visa. Police clearance for both parents last 10 years more than 12 months, if you outside the Australia you need to provide statement outlining child sponsorship undertaking(bank statement etc),fees of Aud1995. Hope this help you!

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Thanks
Besides, if they were born in Aus they would not have SA citenship like the rest of the family so cant just come back on holiday to visit the rest of the family if they wanted to.
Not true. The children would have had SA citizenship by descent (birth to a SA parent). They would have had to register the birth with the SA authorities but the children would have effectively had dual citizenship.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not true. The children would have had SA citizenship by descent (birth to a SA parent). They would have had to register the birth with the SA authorities but the children would have effectively had dual citizenship.
They would not automatically have SA citizenship according to home affairs here in SA. They would have to apply for it and anyone in SA that has had to deal with home affairs would tell you what a mess it is to get anything done there.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi Guys,
I am new to this forum. I am happy to see replies for all the questions in the forum. I have a question , please help me in this regard.
I have applied my ACS and got the positive result. But now I require IELTS score for which I am trying for 7 to apply for PR. At present I need to apply for my whole family(My wife, one daughter). My daughter is not having passport till now.
My question is, if I get score 7 and want to apply for my family, Can I apply to my daughter with out her passport at present ? are there any alternatives ?
Your answer can help me , Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi Guys,
I am new to this forum. I am happy to see replies for all the questions in the forum. I have a question , please help me in this regard.
I have applied my ACS and got the positive result. But now I require IELTS score for which I am trying for 7 to apply for PR. At present I need to apply for my whole family(My wife, one daughter). My daughter is not having passport till now.
My question is, if I get score 7 and want to apply for my family, Can I apply to my daughter with out her passport at present ? are there any alternatives ?
Hi haryk,

Welcome to the forum. Recommend you start a new thread and post your question. This thread is discussing a different topic.

Regards

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Guys,
All applicants and their dependants applying for PR have to have a passport.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Guys .. first of all sorry to dig out this old thread, but i am kind of in a similar situation and want to know my options here ..

As i can see a few comments suggesting delivering in Australia, just want to know how is that possible without having medicals first, as I know X-Ray can be really harmful to the unborn child, but are absolutely necessary for the medicals before the visa grant, so are we in a deadlock here? or is there a way to get to Australia before the delivery?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.