Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law is moving to Dubai in June. His division at work has been transferred to Dubai, compulsory move with no options to refuse.

So the thing is he's getting a low salary, but huge allowances. His housing allowance would be 220K (with no option of availing the excess amount if he chose a cheaper apartment).

So my question is, would there be a way to rent an apartment around Burj Khalifa (Downtown dubai or busniess bay) with the rent including everything (electricity, internet, chiller, cable) ?

If he rents a normal apartment (he's looking for a 3 BR apartment) those items would eat a big amount of his salary. So does someone have a similar experience ?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Well, there are people who rent out apartments including electricity, internet etc, but they are more likely to be furnished apartments I think.

One way to work around this is to know a guy who knows a guy who owns an apartment. It costs 100k (for example) but in the tenancy contract you write 220k. The company pays the 220k to the landlord, who will then give you 220k-100k-small fee (for being the accomplice). From the amount that remains he could pay electricity, internet etc if it would not be included and keep the rest...

I have no idea if this work in practice, but knowing Dubai a bit, I can imagine it would

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One way to work around this is to know a guy who knows a guy who owns an apartment. It costs 100k (for example) but in the tenancy contract you write 220k. The company pays the 220k to the landlord, who will then give you 220k-100k-small fee (for being the accomplice). From the amount that remains he could pay electricity, internet etc if it would not be included and keep the rest...
I don't think he will do that. But they don't mind renting a furnished apartment either. So if it's furnished, housing, electricity, chiller & internet will be included ?

I have found many nice downtown furnished apartments on property finder within budget, but none of them mentioned these addons.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't think he will do that. But they don't mind renting a furnished apartment either. So if it's furnished, housing, electricity, chiller & internet will be included ?

I have found many nice downtown furnished apartments on property finder within budget, but none of them mentioned these addons.
Yeh, it's not very common that people rent apartments with everything included, but you have a bigger chance with those that are furnished (logically).. Good luck!

How about going for a hotel apartment? That would include everything and I'm sure you can find something nice for 220k

Or you can try AirBnB maybe?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeh, it's not very common that people rent apartments with everything included, but you have a bigger chance with those that are furnished (logically).. Good luck!

How about going for a hotel apartment? That would include everything and I'm sure you can find something nice for 220k

Or you can try AirBnB maybe?
I also recommended them hotel apartments, but I am still in the search for prices.

Any recommendations around the same area ? downtown, business bay or SZR ?

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
7,080 Posts
Hi,
He needs to look at a hotel residence - places like the Grand Hyatt in Dubai have 1,2,3 & 4 apartments, townhouses and villas for rent.
I am sure these are fully furnished and all inclusive.
Other top hotels offer similar.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just checked The Address downtown residence prices and it seems a 2 BR apartment is around 450K !

So it seems hotel residences would be way above budget.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Never understood why some companies have such strict use it or lose it housing allowances. What does it matter?

Anyway, there are private landlords offering all inclusive flats. I found this studio on Dubizzle in Downtown:
dubizzle Dubai | Apartment/Flat for Rent: Fully Furnished Studio inclusive DEWA 95K

And another one, this time a two-bedroom apartment in JVC:

dubizzle Dubai | Apartment/Flat for Rent: 12 CHQ PAYMENT - 2 BEDROOM !!! FULLY FURNISHED WITH DEWA AND CHILLER INCLUDED IN JUMEIRAH VILLAGE

Neither are suitable for your brother in law or way below budget but it gives you an idea of what's available. Search for 'dewa included' or 'internet included' and see what it brings up. You may have to be flexible on area.

Here's one on Sheikh Zayed:
dubizzle Dubai | Apartment/Flat for Rent: Direct from owner,Luxury 2 bedroom+store+laundry can be furnish or unfurnish,BILLS INCLUDED..

There should be other buildings on Sheikh Zayed under one management company offering all inclusive apartments targeted to people on temporary contracts. They rarely advertise so you might want to make a note of the phone numbers outside the buildings and call them.

Here's one I found on Sheikh Zayed with dewa+chiller included:
dubizzle Dubai | Apartment/Flat for Rent: All DEWA included - Excellent 4BR+ Maid's unfurnished unit in WTCR

Above budget at 300K but it's a four bedroom. Try calling the number and see if they have a 2-3 bedroom for 220K? Also ask if internet can be added.

Dubai Marina:
dubizzle Dubai | Apartment/Flat for Rent: 2 Bedrooms, Furnished, DEWA included!

Dewa and chiller included, but doesn't mention internet. But it's below budget so you could probably negotiate with the landlord to have internet added for another 5K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.