Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks!

I have just moved to Kolossi, and are now in the process of getting the yellow slip. I wonder if anyone here know how and where to find my local Mukhtar?

Cheers,

Erik

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
Hi folks!

I have just moved to Kolossi, and are now in the process of getting the yellow slip. I wonder if anyone here know how and where to find my local Mukhtar?

Cheers,

Erik
Kolossi Settlement Community Council
Ammochostou, 67
vill. Kolossi, 4636

He should be there. Otherwise they can stamp your papers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, mistake! To cliffnote the swedish conversation it pretty much consisted of a thank you to Baywatch.

I'll stick to english :)

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
At least the Yorkshire dialect is English.
Also you know it is against forum rules to give your email address in your posts. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
739 Posts
I would remind honourable members of this forum what Cecil Rhodes said:

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."

Whatever feelings we from the South of England might feel, English is the predominant language in the world and will remain so. Whether the strange dialect spoken in Yorkshire and other northern climes is English will, no doubt, be a topic of debate in future.

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
When I first met my husband his brother used to take great pleasure in speaking very broad old Yorkshire knowing I would have problems understanding him:D
His friends used to call me the posh bird because I don't have an accent.:D

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
I was sent this message via pm by another member.

I think the response (being a postal address) could have been a little clearer. The Mukhtar's office is in the old village square (near the castle) and opposite the St Lucas church. Kolossi has spread North across the hillside (originally the refugee area) and can be difficult to negotiate to a newcomer who is probably in this area.

I hope that helps the OP with finding the Mukhtars office.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
expatforum.com/expats/cyprus-expat-forum-expats-living-cyprus/773249-how-find-my-mukh

Hi!

We are a family of four (two grownups in the early fourties and two kids 8 & 13) from Sweden that will arrive to Limassol this year. Both me and my wife will work in a small web company in the city centre. We went to down to the Island for the first time in november, and really loved it, but we are of course totally inexperienced on how it is to live in Cyprus as an expat. In april we will return for a couple of days with the children for more scouting :)

Our hobbies are amongst many other things rock climbing and cykling, which we hope to find time and room for!

I will move to Cyprus before the rest of the family, and in july my wife and kids will follow. Work is all set, but we haven't decided where to live yet. All sorts of advices will be appreciated! We think we are looking to rent a 3 beedroom home, preferably a house in the outskirts of the city. the kids will attend Silverline Private School in Trachioni.

Also, I need to find somewhere to stay in my first 1,5 month (4th of may to 19th of june) on the Island. Someone told me Bazaraki.com was the best place to find rental studios / rooms. Any other clues where to find low cost living pretty central in Limassol for a month or two?
So, half a year later things has become clearer :) I started my stay renting a city hut for a month in Omonia, but since the 1st of june i am living in Kolossi. The family arrived in august, and now we are slowly starting to build some kind of everyday Life here.

Thats great! We are having our next meet up on September 26th - you should come along!!

Thx! Sounds interesting, Are there a location set for the meeting?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I have moved the last 3 posts out of the introduction thread to keep it from getting to much off topic.
Very strange in my opinion. My first post you moved I Think was very much on topic regarding introduction. What is the topic Connection with muchtar? And your edit in the post was pretty unnecessary too. couldn't you just have moved the two last posts then? Not a very good way of inducing more inspiration for new members to become more Active?

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
The posts were moved here as it was an existing thread of yours. You had already introduced yourself months ago and posting off topic in that thread was likely to lead to more off topic discussions.
The edit was to remove text speak which is against forum rules. See rule 6.

Rule 6
All posts on this site must be in English. Non-English language posts including abbreviations like text speak are not permitted on the forum.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts