Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I need to make a payment to the bank of queensland for my bond and advanced rent on the rental i have secured. Does anyone know the best way to do this?:confused2: Thankyou ellisa:ranger:

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Ellissa:

If you have an AU bank account then an electronic transfer is usually done and you need (3) pieces of info:

BSB Number
Account Number
Account Name

However if you don't have an AU bank account, you might have to do a wire transfer which usually attracts fees + currency conversion fees. Contact the real estate agent and ask him what options are available to you.

Hi everyone

I need to make a payment to the bank of queensland for my bond and advanced rent on the rental i have secured. Does anyone know the best way to do this?:confused2: Thankyou ellisa:ranger:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ellissa:

If you have an AU bank account then an electronic transfer is usually done and you need (3) pieces of info:

BSB Number
Account Number
Account Name

However if you don't have an AU bank account, you might have to do a wire transfer which usually attracts fees + currency conversion fees. Contact the real estate agent and ask him what options are available to you.
Hi amaslam, Thanks for replying! I do have an australian bank account but i can't make debits until i activate the account in person when i arrive. Do you know anything about Hifix? as they state they don't have any fees etc. Also i have contacted the agent but they weren't that helpful as they wasn't sure themselves how to do it from the UK. Thanks ellisa:eek:

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I suppose the currency convertor people can do it as you basically supply them two accounts details (from/to) and currency to convert.

Will the real estate agent accept and International Money Order as payment (in Australian Dollars). Basically they need something that can be deposited into an AU bank account without any fees on their end.

Hi amaslam, Thanks for replying! I do have an australian bank account but i can't make debits until i activate the account in person when i arrive. Do you know anything about Hifix? as they state they don't have any fees etc. Also i have contacted the agent but they weren't that helpful as they wasn't sure themselves how to do it from the UK. Thanks ellisa:eek:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suppose the currency convertor people can do it as you basically supply them two accounts details (from/to) and currency to convert.

Will the real estate agent accept and International Money Order as payment (in Australian Dollars). Basically they need something that can be deposited into an AU bank account without any fees on their end.
Amaslam, they haven't said they won't except it, but i have read that Hifix have no fees either end, have you any knowledge of them? I have the account name/number/BSB. It's so frustrating as i have the money sitting in my account but just don't know how to transfer it! thanks anyway ellisa:)

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Ellisa:

Sorry, I don't have direct experience with HiFx or other Forex companies.

Amaslam, they haven't said they won't except it, but i have read that Hifix have no fees either end, have you any knowledge of them? I have the account name/number/BSB. It's so frustrating as i have the money sitting in my account but just don't know how to transfer it! thanks anyway ellisa:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts