Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have Australian PR . I have a job opportunity in NZ and I want to get New Zealand PR based on Australian PR. I have come to know that I can live and work in New Zealand but every time I leave NZ , my residence permit will expire.

Is there a way to get NZ PR ?

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Hi

I have Australian PR . I have a job opportunity in NZ and I want to get New Zealand PR based on Australian PR. I have come to know that I can live and work in New Zealand but every time I leave NZ , my residence permit will expire.

Is there a way to get NZ PR ?
You can't.
AUS PR will allow you to get an NZ Resident Visa with immediate travel expiry if you leave the country, meaning you'd have to start the process again on re-entry assuming your AUS PR remained valid.
To get NZ PR you will have to come to NZ and stay for 2 years as a Resident Vosa holder then apply for NZ PR.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You can't.
AUS PR will allow you to get an NZ Resident Visa with immediate travel expiry if you leave the country, meaning you'd have to start the process again on re-entry assuming your AUS PR remained valid.
To get NZ PR you will have to come to NZ and stay for 2 years as a Resident Vosa holder then apply for NZ PR.
Hi,
I would like to add something here,
I am an Australian PR holder. I came to NZ for a job and was issued a resident visa on arrival , as said by escapetonz that visa will expire as soon as u leave NZ and the second time you enter NZ , u will be stamped another resident visa and if u leave and re enter , a new visa every time. This will happen till time you have your Aussi PR in place.
This [new visa at every NZ entry ] is fine for your working status, living in NZ but when U go to apply for a NZ PR after 2 years , you will not be granted a NZ PR . The reason is they want a continuous 2 years NZ residency so if u enter, leave ,reenter u might not have a continuous 2 years visa as every time u are getting a new one

So to avoid this you can apply for Variation of Travel Conditions . for OZ PR holders u can get a VOTC for 2 years . like when u apply for that u will get a resident visa valid for 2 years from the date of your NZ entry .in that 2 years u can enter/leave NZ and can apply for NZ PR [ provided you had spent 180 days each year in NZ] . VOTC is just NZD 180

1 - 3 of 3 Posts