Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a nightmare contacting Orange.fr !! I set up a phone and internet line in March, it works so that is great. I'm now back in the UK but can't access them by phone (0969363900 - always busy at all times of day) and can't set up online billing as the system will not accept my telephone number or customer number.

I did manage to email them after a very long winded wade through the "business" are of the site, just to get a reply to call the number above that will not answer.

Does anyone else have this problem or know how I can contact them....? It is wasting SO much time and is doing my head in!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Is it to pay a bill that you need to contact them for or another reason? I know this is no help but I always tell people to set up direct debit payments for utilities especially if the premises are a second home .Be aware that if you miss a payment then you can be cut off and have to pay reconnection charges.If you cannot contact them by phone then I suggest the only way to deal with it is to go into an Orange shop and sort it out asap making a trip over.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had the line for 10 years on direct debit. In March I added Internet to it ( no problem calling the English line then!!)...
I've not had a fracture since 2008 and an trying to set it up on line, but my tel no. And client no. Will not be accepted...

I'm in UK now and just get told to call the number that they don't answer- I think there is a problem with it as I have tried 3-4 times each working day for almost 3 weeks...
A friend has managed to get my line suspended now, but I need to call 3000 from a French land line to reconnect ( but can't because it is suspended!!! They really are clever!!!!!!!:rage::rage::rage::rage:

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I have had the line for 10 years on direct debit. In March I added Internet to it ( no problem calling the English line then!!)...
I've not had a fracture since 2008 and an trying to set it up on line, but my tel no. And client no. Will not be accepted...

I'm in UK now and just get told to call the number that they don't answer- I think there is a problem with it as I have tried 3-4 times each working day for almost 3 weeks...
A friend has managed to get my line suspended now, but I need to call 3000 from a French land line to reconnect ( but can't because it is suspended!!! They really are clever!!!!!!!:rage::rage::rage::rage:
Call the 'sales' number again and ask them to transfer you.

As you say, that number is always answered. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its the same number!!!! They must notice calls not coming through?? An I the only one experiencing this problem???

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I just called the number, and got their 'out of hours' recorded message - but at least I can verify that the phone number works.

Forgive me, but I must go back to basics. You gave the number as 0969363900, but you did drop the leading '0' did you not?

The number I called was +33 969363900.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I did. I get through, select an option ( tried them all) and get out of hours outside 9-5 French time, during hours get "we are extremely busy bla bla bla... You are next in the queue- 2 mins wait time... After 30-35 mins I hang up. Done this 3-4 times each day for 3 weeks now!!!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
^ I don't have advice but if it makes you feel better I was having Struggles of Doom trying to call Free customer service earlier from a UK phone/phone number. Yes I was dialing correctly but it constantly hung up on me after only a few minutes. So...I understand the struggle with trying to contact these internet/phone companies. And before my service was totally activated (which was the problem) they didn't give any sign of life as far as me reaching someone to talk to....via email or online etc. Oh I looked.

So I like and endorse the advice to write a letter...if you have the time to wait for that!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts