Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

How to claim my daughters US citizenship

2172 Views 13 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Davis1
Hello everyone.
I am hoping someone can help me in claiming US citizenship for my daughter. Her father is a U.S citizen in the military who lives in the U.S. We are no longer in a relationship and he refuses to report our four year daughters birth to th U.S consulate so she can accquire U.S citizenship/passport/SS number.
Is there any way I can report the birth myself as his name is on the British birth certificate and he pays child support through the NY family courts?

Thank you in advance for any help.

1 - 1 of 14 Posts
If the child gets an American passport, can the mother than relocate to the US and live there?
No. And the child cannot sponsor the mother for a visa for the US until the child is 18 and actually resident in the US (which means the child would have to have adequate resources to provide for the mother as sponsor).
1 - 1 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.